- Harrow, Greater London
- Job Type
- Salary: £24,000.00 to £33,000.00 /year
Senior Support Worker Required for our Client in Harrow - Must have NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care and be fully qualified.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Contribute to the development of appropriate, individualised and achievable support plans for our service users, promoting independence at all times. Have an awareness of issues relating to Mental Capacity Act and the implications on support provided where service users are lacking in capacity.
- Support and enable, where possible, service users to set up and maintain their own tenancy, ensure their domestic environments are kept to a high standard, supporting service users to carry out normal household tasks and in some cases physically carrying out these tasks, whilst enabling service users to be fully involved in all aspects of their lives.
- Supporting service users with personal care as necessary; including, washing, bathing, shaving, dressing and using the toilet. Ensuring at all times that such care is carried out with due regard to the service users’ privacy, dignity and wellbeing.
- Support service users who have mobility problems and other disabilities, with any relevant aids / adaptions or medical tasks that can be completed by non-‐nursing staff e.g. support with incontinence aids. 6. Identifying leisure activities, vocational and employment opportunities for service users, within the local community, and supporting their involvement in these.
- Supporting service users to maintain their physical, social and emotional wellbeing including (where appropriate) with health care, personal care, medication, diet, nutrition, fitness, understanding of social roles, motivation, promoting independence 2 and community presence, communication, behaviour management and maintenance of social relationships.
- Supporting service users to understand risk and be involved with both risk assessment and management.
Posted 9 months ago
- Health Care Assistant
Brentwood, Essex • Contract • Salary: £9.00 /hour
- Support Worker
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire • Full-time • Salary: £7.56 /hour
- Health Care Assistant
Canning Town South • Full-time • Salary: £8.50 /hour
- Health Care Worker
Plumstead, Greater London • Temporary • Salary: £8.00 /hour
- Senior Care Assistant
Dagenham, Greater London • Full-time • Salary: £11.00 /hour