Director of Finance
- Hollywood, FL
- Job Type
AD1 Global, a successful Hotel Management Company is currently looking for a Director of Finance to work out of their Corporate Office in Hollywood, Florida. The successful candidate must have strong mathematical skills and strong problem solving skills with previous experience in Hospitality.
Some responsibilities include:
- Manage day-to-day operations and assignments of Accounting staff,
- Plan and organize work, communicate goals, and schedule/assign work to ensure all accounting standards are maintained.
- Advise staff of formal policies and procedures, identifying options and resolving issues.
- Ensure all staff members are properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Manage the accounting department including receivables, payables, and cash handling functions.
- Prepare financial analysis of hotel operations including variance explanation and make recommendations to ensure the achievement of business goals.
- Develop and implement financial control procedures and systems; maintain documents for audits of hotel accounts; ensure compliance with government regulations and contractual agreements.
- Direct preparation of budgets and financial forecasts and reporting.
- Oversee the processes of credit extension and collection of overdue accounts.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Ensure all accounts are reconciled on monthly basis, review and approve those reconciliation’s
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent and five years in hotel accounting or internal audit with three years in a controller role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must speak fluent English and Spanish.
- Proven experience as director of finance or similar role
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (M3 experience a plus)
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
Posted 14 days ago