Director of Sales
- Fort Myers, FL
- Job Type
AD1 Global is currently looking for a Director of Sales for their Fort Myers property Candlewood Suites. The successful candidate will be required to develop and implement the total sales and marketing strategy of the hotel to ensure that revenue and room night sales goals are achieved; revenue, sales and marketing strategies are set; tactical plans are created and implemented; and that results are monitored and achieved.
SOME DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales.
- Regularly sell hotel rooms through direct client contact.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and personal sales goals and maximize profitability within all areas of responsibility.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts.
- Identify operational problems that impact the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department heads on solutions.
- Create and implement hotel-level tactical sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase business volume during off-peak periods, increase local food and beverage and banquet sales, and enhance the image of the hotel in the local community.
- Monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Analyze current/potential market and sales trends and coordinate all activities to maintain and increase revenue and market share through added business volume and increased rate.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attend out-of-town conventions and trade shows, to promote new business and increase sales for the hotel.
- In coordination with General Manager, serve as hotel representative for media related inquiries and refer sensitive matters to the corporate Public Relations Department if necessary.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel departments, hotel Executive Committee, and corporate/regional sales group.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
- Interact with outside contacts:
- Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
- Airlines, wholesalers, corporate accounts, travel agencies, ad agencies within local, domestic and international markets – to ensure repeat business, follow up on events and generate new business
- Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, private clubs, community groups, local media)
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred, and 1-2 years total experience in a hospitality or hotel sales and marketing setting, with direct supervisory experience over a sales team, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Posted 30+ days ago