Regional Manager - Alberta (Children's Sports Camps)
- Calgary, AB
- Job Type
REGIONAL MANAGER – ALBERTA FOR CHILDREN’S SPORTS CAMPS
(12 MONTH MATERNITY LEAVE CONTRACT)
COME JOIN OUR TEAM!!!
Pedalheads Bike Camps is looking for a Regional Manager to provide leadership for our Alberta children’s sports camps on a 12-month maternity leave contract.
Pedalheads is a Vancouver based provider of innovative bike, swim and multi-sport programs for kids across North America. Our delivery of high quality camps and lessons that promote kids’ health and development has earned us a reputation for excellence in the communities that we serve. At Pedalheads Bike Camps and Heroheads, every child experiences the challenge of learning new skills and the thrill of mastering them. By creating safe, fun and supportive environments, we enable kids to explore their abilities and realize their potential. We have over 50 camp locations in Canada and the US. Come visit our website at www.pedalheads.com.
Pedalheads is an innovative 10-level program to teach kids ages 3-12 to ride their bikes safely and skillfully on streets and trails.
Heroheads is our multi-sport camp with a superhero twist! Kids kick-start their passion for sports through exciting games, activities and obstacle courses. The final challenge, the Rescue Race, showcases their super skills and ends with them being awarded their own cape and mask!
The Regional Manager is someone that is self-motivated, organized, and driven to succeed. Throughout various stages of the role, you will be required to balance and prioritize a number of projects simultaneously. As Regional Manager – Alberta, you will actively promote Pedalheads and Heroheads to families while managing the operations and supervision of the program and employees.
The Regional Manager will report to the Director of Operations and will be responsible for managing the Site Leadership teams and up to 250 Instructors across our 15 camp locations in Calgary and Edmonton.
- Managing all day-to-day operations of the business for the Alberta region
- Work in conjunction with the Edmonton City Coordinator to ensure camps are running smoothly
- Lead and manage Summer site teams by being involved on site, providing mentorship, motivation and support to the Site Leadership team
- Build and maintain positive relationships with camp leaders and instructors
- Assist Site Leadership with managing employee issues
- Purchase, prepare and maintain camp equipment in a timely manner
- Ensure all camps have the equipment needed throughout the summer and stock as necessary
- Work with management team to stay updated on product knowledge and stay informed of any changes in company policies
- Ensure that camp procedures and safety standards are being followed and upheld
Recruitment & Training
- Work with your Hiring Coordinator to recruit, interview and hire the best Instructors, Supervisors and Site Managers and ensure the camps are fully staffed
- Schedule and facilitate instructor training sessions
- Assist with facilitation of Site Leader training
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing Coordinator to promote the program at events, school presentations
- Build strong relationships with communities where our camps are located
- Always willing to go the extra mile to engage customers and provide excellent customer service
- Respond to customer complaints in a timely and professional manner, always aiming to provide an appropriate solution and ensure resolution
- Review customer surveys on a weekly basis and connect with all unsatisfied customers to rectify the problem and turn their experience into a positive one
- Network and connect with partners in the community, continually look for new opportunities and site locations, to find ways to grow the business
The successful candidate will possess or exemplify the following:
- A minimum of 3 year’s management experience at a supervisory level or above
- Organizing and instructing experience with children of all ages, preferably in a camp or sporting environment
- Strong communications skills (with both kids and adults)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to interact and build strong relationships with individuals at all levels
- A mature and dynamic leader who is enthusiastic and who brings a positive energy
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to travel to areas of responsibility
Posted 30+ days ago