Material Handler / Expediter
- Anaheim, CA
- Job Type
Daily activity associated with the process of the Production schedule and Daily on time delivery (OTD) as an expediter in a screw and fastener manufacturing environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assure that the production schedule, and Daily on Time Delivery is met.
- Movement of raw materials into the production shop to be staged into the work cells.
- Interaction with fellow associates and peers necessary for day to day activities.
- Tools to be used: forklift and computer.
- May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
High School Diploma or GED (a plus)
1-2 years of related experience in the fastener industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Willingness to learn with ambition and an upbeat attitude.
- Both fast pick up and ability to walk quickly
- Sequence thinking and focused on the end goal.
- Understand basic manufacturing process and how shop tool and supply inventory control interacts with upstream and downstream functions
- Blueprint reading, math skills, knowledge of measurement devices and their calibration requirements
- Good computer skills and ability to query, monitor, and input MRP system data
- Able to work with multiple priorities and people
- Maintain inventory storage in a clean, orderly manner
- Understanding responsibilities
- Ability to professionally communicate and work with others
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Willingness to learn and receive training, and train others if required
- Must read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and short correspondence and/or memos.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will be required to be on his/her feet for extended periods of time and quickly walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time, speak and listen. Hand eye coordination, repetitive hand movement and manual dexterity (using hands and fingers to handle and feel are necessary. The employee must often bend, reach to shoulder level and lift, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 35 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), and ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Posted 16 days ago