- Sai Ying Pun, Hong Kong Island
- Job Type
- Salary: $24,000.00 to $25,000.00 /month
BlackSalt is a small boutique restaurant serving traditional Asian subcontinental flavours with a dash of culinary innovation.
We now hiring an enthusiastic team player to be part of our small passion driven kitchen team. Must have exceptional diverse working experience and culinary skills to work full time from Monday - Sunday (Tuesdays off) from 3pm to 11:30am.
Please note that we located in a fabulous area in Sai Ying Pun that's full of character and easily accessible by MTR and public buses.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Need to roll up your sleeves, maintain your integrity and confidently be able to multi-task a dozen matters at the same time from cooking, training to ordering before, during, and after every service.
- Able to show up every day more prepared than the day before to back up the Chef in front of the kitchen, train and supervise junior staff as well as be a substitute during staff shortages.
- Manage all food production processes to ensure high food quality preparation, consistent taste and presentation and ensure high standards of kitchen hygiene and equipment safety are maintained at all times.
- Participate in seasonal menu development, blackboard specials and catering to special guest requests and private events.
- Monitor food cost expenses, daily inventory and stock purchasing management ensuring minimum wastage and supplier quality control problems are solved, not just noticed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 8 years kitchen cooking experience with at least 2 years of experience as a Sous Chef.
- Excellent Western culinary techniques with superior knowledge in South Asian cooking methods.
- Good understanding of produce and ingredients, sound kitchen equipment knowledge, willingness to learn beyond the bare minimum necessary job function.
- Successful completion of all food safety regulations, first aid and HAACP training.
- Strong leadership, well-organized team player with good communication skills in spoken and written English. Cantonese is an advantage.
We offer comprehensive package with on the job training as well as fringe benefits such as staff meals, annual and compassion leave, discretionary bonus, etc. to successful candidates.
Please email your detailed resume, current and past employment history with current and expected salary by clicking “Apply" or email to jobs at blacksalt.com.hk.
Valid Hong Kong ID card is required.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only .
Posted 8 days ago