- Agawam, MA
- Job Type
- Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Braman Termite & Pest Elimination, New England’s largest family-owned and ‑operated pest-control company, has been servicing customers for more than a century. The strong, steady growth of our company, fueled by our skilled workforce, state-of-the-art technology, and commitment to excellent customer service, has produced this exciting new opening in our staff of service trade professionals.
Braman is seeking a Staff Entomologist to effectually coordinate the technical pest training for employees throughout the organization including but not limited to pest control technicians, supervisors, sales consultants, and office personnel. Responsibilities also include client technical support, safety, regulatory compliance, licensing, and entomology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops, designs, implements, and conducts technical training programs considering the following: effectiveness of services, safety of materials and procedures, efficiency of technicians, and profitability of our services.
- Develops, coordinates, and continually evaluates the organization’s regulatory compliance processes.
- Ensures that all employees are properly licensed and certified for the work they are assigned to complete.
- Acts to continuously improve technical training programs and regulatory compliance processes.
- Creates and continually evaluates the organization’s technical training materials including written documentation, PowerPoints presentations, tests, etc.
- Collaborates with employees throughout the organization to determine technical training needs.
- Schedules technical training sessions.
- Attends meetings, seminars, conferences, committees, and industry associations to obtain information useful to the organization’s training processes and continued regulatory compliance.
- Informs management of all relevant industry changes applicable to technical training and regulatory compliance.
- Advises senior leadership on matters related to technical training and regulatory compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Master's degree (M. A.) or equivalent in Biology, Entomology, or Environmental Sciences required; PhD preferred .
- 5+ years teaching or training experience required.
- 5+ years pest control industry experience preferred .
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of all Microsoft Office Software including Word Processing software, Spreadsheet software, and Presentation software.
- Experience in web-based instructional design is a plus.
- Knowledge of PestPac software preferred .
- Must be willing and able to travel to Braman’s various branch sites as needed (Southern New England).
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must have the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary;
- Quarterly bonus-incentive program;
- 401K retirement plan;
- Health, dental, life, and disability insurance;
- Paid vacations, holidays, and sick time;
If you are interested in joining Braman Termite & Pest Elimination, please provide your cover letter and resume . No agencies, please.
Posted 30+ days ago