RN Supervisor 11:00pm-7:30am Shift
- Westmont, IL 60559
- Job Type
Role and Responsibilities
Below are the roles and responsibilities that the RN Supervisor expected to fulfill to help facilitate quality, patient-centered care on their unit:
- Supervise and direct the daily activities of the PCTs assigned to their unit.
- Coordinate and assist physicians/nurse practitioners with daily clinical rounds and identify high risk patients.
- Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary care team to facilitate achievement of desired treatment outcomes.
- Maintain responsibility for the staff, patient care, and unit’s daily operations.
- Participate in the day to day operations and functions of the unit and staff to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by the physician.
- Provide training, guidance, and counseling as needed to help improve staff performance on assigned nursing unit.
- Assist physicians on their visits and carry out physician orders.
- Informs nursing management of any changes in a patient’s condition.
- Perform daily rounding on all new admissions and patients in clinical observation 1 & 2. Promptly report any changes in condition to the physician/NP/Nursing Management.
- Complete a chart review of all new admissions to ensure all appropriate paperwork and documentation is accurate and complete.
- Ensure appropriate paperwork is in place for patient’s being discharged and that necessary follow up appointments are scheduled.
- Complete all required facility, State, and Federal documentation as required on a timely basis.
- Review medication orders for completeness and accuracy.
- Complete incident investigations and reports as necessary.
- Participate in auditing the new POS, MAR/TAR change over monthly.
- Meet with patients and families to assess needs and utilize advanced conflict resolution skills as necessary to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Ensure infection control practices are maintained by staff on the unit.
- Provide safety and environment checks routinely and report any issues to maintenance for improvement.
- Refer patients to consultants as appropriate and update the consultant’s list as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Posted 14 months ago