Licensed Social Worker
- Westmont, IL 60559
- Job Type
Social Services Position
The Social Worker is responsible for the coordination of care for the patients and residents in the facility. This includes spearheading the discharge planning process, identification of proper resources to facilitate appropriate transition of care, recognizing and supporting the patient’s social and emotional needs, and acting as a liaison between the patient, family, and interdisciplinary team. The Social Worker is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate systems are in place to help meet departmental goals.
Role and Responsibilities
Below are the roles and responsibilities that the Social Worker is expected to fulfill to help facilitate quality, patient-centered care in the facility:
- Interview new residents and complete psychosocial history.
- Develop comprehensive discharge plans for each patient in the facility.
- Participate in the MDS and care planning process.
- Identify residents with social and emotional needs and help secure the appropriate resources to provide necessary support.
- Maintain relationships with community resources.
- Provide training, guidance, and counseling as needed to help improve staff performance.
- Partner with the business office to ensure that patients have access to the appropriate financial resources. Discuss financial options available for healthcare with patients and families.
- Complete documentation timely and ensure that it is accurate and detailed. This includes, but is not limited to initial evaluations, assessments, progress notes, quarterly notes, annual notes, advanced care planning, and behavior charting.
- Oversee the completion of advanced directives and ensure that each patient/family is appropriately educated on advanced directives.
- Initiate discussions on advanced care planning with patients and responsible parties.
- Communicate with physicians and the interdisciplinary team regarding status of patients’ discharge plans and support available.
- Attend weekly rounds and daily departmental meetings.
- Meet with patients and families to assess needs and utilize advanced conflict resolution skills as necessary to ensure timely resolution of issues.
- Ensure care conferences and rounds are scheduled and conducted in a timely manner.
- Participate in the weekend administrator on call program as needed.
- Assist in the education and in-service of staff on resident rights, abuse prevention, community resources, and other social service related topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university program.
- At least two years of social services experience. Successful progressive supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Strong communication, organizations, and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with others.
Posted 5 days ago
- Dining Room Server / Evening Supervisor
Westmont, IL 60559 • Full-time • Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- Licensed Practical Nurse
Westmont, IL 60559 • Full-time
- Registered Nurse
Westmont, IL 60559 • Full-time
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Westmont, IL 60559 • Full-time • Salary: $12.00 to $18.00 /hour