Line Cook/Prep Cook - 11 per hour
- Lubbock, TX
- Job Type
- Salary: $11.00 /hour
ABOUT CAPROCK CAFÉ--A LOCAL SPORTS GRILL
Caprock Café has been cooking great food for Lubbock since 1997, and has been voted Lubbock’s “Best Place to have a Beer” and “Best Bar”. Local, on-site owners and friendly servers make Caprock Cafe a fun restaurant to cook for!
Responsibilities and Duties
COOK JOB DESCRIPTION
- Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
- Cook and package batches of food which are prepared to order or kept warm until sold.
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders simultaneously.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Mix ingredients such as sauces.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, or griddles.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon, in order to prepare them for later use.
- Prepare specialty foods such as sandwiches, tacos, and nachos following specific methods that usually require short preparation time.
- Read food order slips or receive verbal instructions as to food required by patron, and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and refrigerated cases.
- Order and take delivery of supplies.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, to help coordinate cooking times.
- Serve orders to customers at expo window.
Qualifications and Skills
- 1 year food service cook experience—grill, prep, fryer.
- Verifiable work history
- Professional references
- Must pass a drug screen
- Texas Food Handler Certificate
- $11 per hour to start, raises based on cooking performance after training period
- Free food from kitchen cook’s menu while working
- 401k plan for eligible employees
- $200 shoe voucher after one year for cooks
Posted 30+ days ago