MRO Purchasing Coordinator
- Perth, ON
- Job Type
Join our team! With over 400 employees and 11 manufacturing facilities in 3 countries, CWI is drawing on innovation as a market leader in the production of specialty wires and wire products.
With over 60 years’ experience, we are one of the largest producers of stainless steel, nickel alloy and wire components in North America. CWI provides products used in a diverse group of markets ranging from the Aerospace, Oil & Gas and Automotive sectors, to Medical, Jewelry, and Music String wire, to name a few.
CWI is committed to providing the best in customer service and continues to bring in talented people who want to grow with the business. We offer competitive wages and a range of employee benefits. We support training and professional development while investing in a wide variety of programs.
We are looking for an MRO (Maintenance, Repair, Operations) Purchasing Coordinator at our Perth, Ontario location.
The MRO Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for performing the activities of sourcing suppliers, price negotiations, and supplier contract management. This is a highly visible position within the organization with responsibilities for the tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, and services used by the Company. The MRO Purchasing Coordinator will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods, services and critical consumables that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the Company, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Locate and qualify suppliers as needed.
- Ensure correct specifications for materials and services are provided to suppliers.
- Review bid proposals and negotiate contracts within budget and scope limitations.
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders.
- Work with suppliers to establish targeted cost reductions and performance criteria.
- Communicate and interact with maintenance and production staff for the purpose of evaluating performance of products purchased and ensure appropriate feedback to suppliers.
- Conduct periodic reviews with suppliers, participate in supplier audits, and provide feedback to supplier.
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary insurance and health & safety documentation for contractors working at the facility.
- Provide health & safety training directly to contractors on appropriate CWI policies and procedures and maintain WSIB records for contractors.
- Establish and monitor supplier performance metrics
- Lead resolution of supplier quality issues.
- Actively involved in evaluating areas for cost savings.
- Work closely with Finance department.
- Understand and adhere to current quality and safety policies.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
- University degree or College diploma desired; certification in inventory management or purchasing a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- MRO procurement experience an asset.
- Strong aptitude with Microsoft Office Tools.
- Experience with MRP / ERP systems.
- Experience and familiarity with inventory control, receiving, and shipping processes.
- Working knowledge of freight companies, shipping lanes and cross-border transactions an asset.
- Experience in developing and managing suppliers.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, negotiation & problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter and self-motivated; successful in a team environment.
- Able to consistently represent the Company in a professional manner.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 70 lbs. occasionally
- Wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, ear protection, safety shoes, gloves and any other protective equipment deemed necessary.
- Exposure to contaminants
If you are interested in becoming part of the CWI team, please submit your cover letter and résumé.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants can make their accommodation needs known in their cover letter. If you require further information or assistance, please contact the Human Resources Department at 613-326-3006.
We appreciate the interest by all candidates however we will only be contacting those that best fit the requirements.
Posted 13 days ago