Recreation Programs Coordinator
- Newberry, FL 32669
- Job Type
- Salary: $12.46 to $17.45 /hour
**TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST APPLY DIRECTLY WITH THE CITY OF NEWBERRY FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE (www.ci.newberry.fl.us) OR CALL 352-472-2161 ext 112**
The City of Newberry is accepting applications for individuals to fill the Full Time (40hrs/week) position of Programs Coordinator. Responsible for the oversight and administration of all programs within the City of Newberry Parks & Recreation Department. Assist the Parks & Recreation Director in developing and monitoring budgets pertaining to programing. Responsible for developing and recruiting volunteers, for support of the programs. Work is performed under the direction of the Parks & Recreation Supervisor.
Example of Duties
1. To provide administrative direction and oversight for all aspects of programs within the Parks & Recreation Department. Supervise the control, issuance and maintenance of all program equipment and facilities.
2. Works with the Parks and Recreation Director and other appropriate staff members to brainstorm new thoughts in program services. Coordinate department schedules with the Parks and Recreation Director, Programs Supervisor, Grounds & Maintenance staff and any other key staff.
3. Conducts scheduled meetings with program staff to develop and maintain organizational goals, objectives, and operational plans.
4. Develop and monitor program budgets and revenues, compile data, complete reports and maintain records for the department.
5. Ensures that job descriptions are current, that regular performance evaluations are conducted and sound human resources are in place. Encourage staff development and education, as well as, ensuring that staff is contributing to the overall department mission and practices. Ensures that all athletic, events, foodservice, marketing, maintenance and contracted staff are working as one to meet the department’s mission.
6. Maintain a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
7. Establishes sound working relationships with and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
8. Oversees and supports the development, design and delivery of program and event initiatives, assuring that the goals and objectives are aligned with the City of Newberry’s overall strategic plan.
9. Oversees and supports the administrative components of all program and event services, including contract negotiations, contract reporting and contracted work.
10. Provides for quality assurance monitoring of all the department’s programs, assuring correction of any deficiencies in program or event services.
11. Analyzing and optimizing athletic programs, event programs and marketing programs performances to improve maximally return on investment.
12. Create a market strategy around target sports and event segments.
13. Supervises the development and creation of promotions, events initiatives and sponsorships aligned with the consumer, brand and business strategies.
14. Ensure that the programs, activities, facilities and equipment follow all appropriate safety rules and regulations.
* Child Development Program:
1. Development and implementation of Child Development policies and procedures.
2. Promote and market all Child Development programs.
3. Communication to parent(s) / guardians on child’s progress, behavior and special events.
4. Maintain all financial records, scholarships, attendance records etc…
5. Conduct weekly Child Development Staff meetings, planning sessions and training as needed.
6. Order all materials and supplies needed for the program.
7. Develop and maintain a working relationship with the principals and staff at Newberry Elementary, Oak View Middle School and Newberry High School.
* Athletic Programs:
1. Development and implementation of Athletic Programs policies and procedures.
2. Promote and market all athletic programs.
3. Develop and maintain a working relationship with other administrators from other programs.
4. Attends and conducts meetings pertaining to athletic programs.
5. Recruit and train volunteers to support programs.
6. Develop and implement game schedules, official’s schedules, assigning team rosters, ordering uniforms, ordering equipment etc.…
7. Schedule staff and volunteers for athletic events.
* Performs any other functions as assigned by supervisor
Requirements (The following are minimum qualifications necessary for entry into the classification)
* Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or a minimum of five years’ experience in a related field. (Preferred).
* Knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation, in order to prepare documents and compose letters, etc.
* Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
* Knowledge of the unit and City's policies, procedures and practices.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
* Ability and skill to operate a PC, keyboard, computer or mouse.
* Ability to communicate using speaking, hearing and visual skills.
* Ability to handle and process cash and other payments.
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer & Drug Free Workplace.
Applications are available at City Hall Annex located at 25445 West Newberry Road Newberry Fl. 32669 or www.ci.newberry.fl.us .Contact Human Resources: 352-472-2161 ext. 112. Applications must be turned in to Human Resources by noon on Friday January 19th.
Posted 14 months ago
- Facilities Supervisor
25440 West Newberry Road, Newberry, FL 32669 • Full-time • Salary: $16.70 to $23.38 /hour
- Water & Wastwater Supervisor
Newberry, FL 32669 • Full-time • Salary: $23.50 to $32.90 /hour
- Recreation Programs Assistant
Newberry, FL 32669 • Part-time • Salary: $8.50 to $10.00 /hour
- Parks Maintenance Worker
Newberry, FL 32669 • Temporary • Salary: $12.89 to $18.05 /hour