Water & Wastwater Supervisor
- Newberry, FL 32669
- Job Type
- Salary: $23.50 to $32.90 /hour
**TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION YOU MUST APPLY DIRECTLY WITH THE CITY OF NEWBERRY FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE (www.ci.newberry.fl.us) OR CALL 352-472-2161 ext 112**
This is technical supervisory work involved in all aspects operation and maintenance of the City’s water plants, wastewater plant and the distribution and collection systems. The employee works under the general direction and supervision of the Utility Director. The employee typically works shifts in combination with other licensed operators to fulfill State required staffing needs. Supervises of subordinate personnel in all areas water/wastewater treatment and collection and distribution troubleshooting and maintenance.
Role and Responsibilities
Supervises the overall operation of the water and wastewater treatment plants to ensure nominal performance and effective treatment in the pumping of the City’s water supply and wastewater treatment quality.
- Supervises water and sewer pipeline maintenance, repairs and new installation.
- Supervises all operators, technicians and trainees in all areas of preventative maintenance and repairs of the City’s treatment facilities and distribution and collection system.
- Prepares written recommendations, specifications and justifications for equipment repairs and/or replacement, as well as capital improvements for the Division.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, receives orders and processes invoices with Utility Director related to all purchases.
- Develops and maintains preventative maintenance schedules for all equipment and tools, both permanent and portable.
- Assists in the training of all new personnel.
- Assists Utility Director in employee evaluations as required.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks and assists the maintenance staff, as necessary, with major unusual maintenance tasks.
- Monitors computer telemetry to alert other City staff to problems with lift stations or water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- Review and approve monthly reports required by State of Florida Department of Environmental Protection for water and wastewater facilities.
- Develops and implements safety training for subordinate personnel.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive operation and maintenance records of work performed.
- Coordinates with operational staff proper sampling techniques and scheduling.
- Demonstrates outstanding project management, organizational and time management skills.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Possession of a Class “C” Water Operator License and/or Class “C” Wastewater Operator issued by the State of Florida (FAC 62-602).
- Dual Licensing is preferred. If not Dual Licensed, must obtain Dual licensing in first 12 months of employment.
- Must be able to obtain Backflow Certification and Testing within six (6) months of hire date.
- Must be able to obtain Class “B” CDL with air brake endorsement with six (6) months of hire date.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the operation and supervision of water/wastewater facilities and distribution and collection systems.
- Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) Intermediate Level Training Certification preferred or obtained as required.
- Must possess ability to use heavy equipment.
- This position may be subject to vaccines when necessary.
- Must exhibit knowledge in repairs and maintenance of process equipment, pumps, basic electrical and plumbing, large diameter pipe repairs and lift station trouble shooting.
- Requires the ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others regarding the application of procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Requires the ability to operate, maneuver and/or control the actions of equipment, machinery tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Requires the ability to apply principles of rational systems; to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form; and to exercise independent judgement to adopt or modify methods and standards to meet variation in assigned objectives.
- Requires the ability to exercise judgement, decisiveness, and creativity in situations involving evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Skilled in the use of basic mechanical repair tools and procedures.
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Expertise in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook is essential.
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements of potable water treatment equipment, process and State Regulations and codes that govern it.
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and maintenance requirements of the activated sludge treatment process, its equipment and State regulations and that codes that govern it.
- Performs any other job related duty as specified by the Utility Director.
This position is subject to the Hepatitis B vaccine and other vaccines as necessary.
This position is an “Essential Position” which requires the employee to have excellent attendance and the ability to work after normal hours, weekends and holidays.
Posted 18 days ago
- Facilities Supervisor
25440 West Newberry Road, Newberry, FL 32669 • Full-time • Salary: $16.70 to $23.38 /hour
- Recreation Programs Assistant
Newberry, FL 32669 • Part-time • Salary: $8.50 to $10.00 /hour
- Parks Maintenance Worker
Newberry, FL 32669 • Temporary • Salary: $12.89 to $18.05 /hour
- Recreation Programs Coordinator
Newberry, FL 32669 • Full-time • Salary: $12.46 to $17.45 /hour