Business Development Associate
- Toronto, ON
- Job Type
AE Eagle is a licensed and well-respected freight forwarder operating in several countries. Our mission as an international door-to-door logistics provider is to deliver quality service as defined by the client, to reward our employees based on performance, and to innovate and maintain technology ahead of the industry. We are looking for high potential, high performing sales associates in the Toronto area to help grow the AE Eagle brand and expand our customer base.
- Develop new business and grow gross profits by promoting AE Eagle’s full suite of logistics services.
- Call in to our collaborative and supportive weekly sales meetings. We expect our Business Development Associates – along with Sales Leadership – to come prepared to share guidance, experiences, ideas, successes, and challenges.
- Follow-up on leads and report on progress and results through excel reports and/or CRM updates in our Inquiry Manager System. Be accountable for progress and results of these leads.
- Build profitable relationships with provided leads, as well as existing customers.
- Acquire new accounts and business through direct sales efforts, networking, and prospecting.
- Take initiative and work independently to grow customer base and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Understand industry pricing and how to negotiate for improved rates.
- Work collaboratively with other Business Development Team members, as well as with our Operations Teams, to provide exceptional service to our customers.
- At least 2 to 5 years of sales experience in the international freight forwarding industry .
- Experience selling Ocean/Air Import and Export Services, Trucking/Traffic, and Customs Brokerage services at a profitable level.
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide innovative business solutions.
- Ability to respond promptly and professionally to clients’ needs.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Driven, motivated to succeed, level-headed, and accountable.
- Professional presentation and a persuasive, energetic personality.
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with colleagues, contacts, clients, and leads.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- High school diploma or GED is required. University degree preferred.
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages is ideal.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary and commission structure.
- Mileage reimbursement, phone allowance, and use of company laptop.
- Paid holiday, personal, and vacation time.
Please no phone calls regarding this position.
We appreciate all applications. However, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
EOE Statement: AE Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for this position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by law.
Posted 9 months ago