Business Development Associate - Miami
- Miami, FL
- Job Type
ClearFreight is a licensed international freight forwarder and customs brokerage firm with 10 offices in the United States and 11 international offices. Our mission as a well-respected, door-to-door logistics provider is to deliver quality service as defined by the client, to reward our employees based on performance, and to innovate and maintain technology ahead of the industry. We are looking for high potential, high performing sales associates to help grow the ClearFreight brand and expand our customer base. This position is open to all candidates in the Miami Area.
- Develop new business and grow gross profits by promoting ClearFreight’s full suite of logistics services.
- Call in to our collaborative and supportive weekly sales meetings. We expect our Business Development Associates – along with Sales Leadership – to come prepared to share guidance, experiences, ideas, successes, and challenges.
- Follow-up on leads generated by our marketing department and report on progress and results through Excel reports and/or CRM updates in our Inquiry Management System. Be accountable for progress and results with these leads.
- Build profitable relationships with provided leads, as well as existing customers.
- Be gregarious – with the ability to convey successfully all of ClearFreight’s capabilities, successes, flexibility, and offerings.
- Understand deliverables. Know inside-and-out what services ClearFreight can provide and effectively communicate this to potential customers so they know that we share the same vision for their company and that we will meet or exceed their goals with our suite of logistics services.
- Have the ability, drive, and ambition to research and analyze what potential customers are receiving from their current freight forwarder and figure out how ClearFreight can position itself to beat the current provider, win the customer’s business, and then continue to exceed expectations.
- Be creative. Know how differentiate ClearFreight from its competitors when pitching our services.
- Acquire new accounts and business through direct sales efforts, networking, and prospecting.
- Take initiative and work independently to grow customer base and meet or exceed sales targets.
- Understand industry pricing and how to negotiate for improved rates.
- Work collaboratively with other Business Development Team members, as well as with our Operations Teams, to provide exceptional service to our customers.
- Must understand ongoing engagement. Ongoing engagement is critical to ClearFreight’s success with existing and potential customers.
- Continue to develop relationships with customers even after the initial service is established. Our Business Development Associates are expected to assist other departments and the customer in order to retain business and build lifetime value.
- Be mindful, thoughtful, and diligent in all pre-and post-sale activities. Have a consultative approach with current and potential customers.
- At least 2 to 5 years of sales experience in the International Freight Forwarding/Customs Brokerage industry.
- Knowledge of the milestones in a freight forwarding sales cycle.
- Experience selling Ocean/Air Import and Export Services, Trucking/Traffic, and Customs Brokerage services at a profitable level.
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide innovative business solutions.
- Ability to respond promptly and professionally to clients’ needs.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, organizational, and negotiation skills.
- Driven, motivated to succeed, level-headed, and accountable.
- Professional presentation and a persuasive, energetic personality.
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with colleagues, contacts, clients, and leads.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages is ideal.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary and commission structure.
- Mileage reimbursement, phone allowance, and use of company laptop.
- Medical, dental, and vision eligibility starts on the 1st of the month following 30 days of service.
- Eligible for 401(k) participation from day one. Company contribution after only one year of service.
- Paid holiday, personal, and vacation time.
Please no phone calls regarding this position.
We appreciate all applications. However, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
EOE Statement: ClearFreight is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for this position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by law.
Posted 5 months ago