- El Segundo, CA
- Job Type
ClearFreight is a licensed freight forwarder and customs brokerage firm with 10 offices in the United States and 11 international offices. Our mission as a well-respected, international door-to-door logistics provider is to deliver quality service as defined by the client, to reward our employees based on performance, and to innovate and maintain technology ahead of the industry. We are looking for an experienced Entry Writer to join our Customs Brokerage team at our beautiful new headquarters near LAX.
The Entry Writer performs basic customs brokerage duties, with a particular focus on classification functions with U.S. Customs for imported freight. This position will assist customers with U.S. Customs and other Government Agency (OGA) inquiries, rejections, post-entry amendments, refund requests, and more, ensuring the best possible customer experience. This is a full-service position, handling shipments from A to Z, including customer billing.
• Process entries for clearance of goods into the United States.
• Open files and enter information into CargoWise/WiseTech system.
• Classify based on the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
• Ensure compliance with carrier regulations.
• Ensure compliance with U.S. Government regulatory agencies such as FDA, EPA, USDA, DOT, Fish & Wildlife, etc.
• Utilize ACE for entry summaries.
• Coordinate shipping and movement details with agents, piers, ports, CFS, steamship lines, airlines, rail, and truck to customer/consignee destination.
• Work collaboratively with Traffic Department and Accounting Department to provide top-notch, timely, and efficient service to ClearFreight customers.
• Convert and verify correct weight and volume of shipments.
• Coordinate pick-ups and invoice files.
• Assist customers, agents, carriers, and vendors with any questions, complaints, requests, and tracking and tracing. Ensure all email and telephone inquiries are answered promptly, clearly, and politely.
• At least 2 to 5 years of import/customs brokerage experience in the freight forwarding industry.
• Experience working all phases of the shipment cycle.
• Experience with multiple, high volume accounts for both Ocean and Air Import.
• Knowledge of commodities classification, especially medical devices, food, wearing apparel and accessories, furniture, and auto parts is helpful.
• Experience using CargoWise/WiseTech, ACE, Track and Trace, etc.
• Experience quoting to ensure profitability is preferred.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Highly responsible and accountable.
• Comfortable working overtime as needed.
• Very strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
• Fluency in one or more foreign languages is preferred, especially Japanese or Mandarin.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
• Competitive hourly pay DOE, with additional bonus and commission potential.
• Brand new headquarters near LAX.
• Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid holiday, personal, and vacation time.
Please no phone calls regarding this position.
We appreciate all applications. However, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
Sponsorship/Location Statement: While ClearFreight appreciates the efforts of all qualified applicants for this position, we regret that, at this time, this position is only open to local Los Angeles residents who do not require sponsorship to work in the United States.
EOE Statement: ClearFreight is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for this position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by law.
Posted 4 months ago