Air Export Coordinator
- El Segundo, CA
- Job Type
AIR EXPORT COORDINATOR
ClearFreight is a licensed international freight forwarder and customs brokerage firm with 10 offices in the United States and 11 international offices. Our mission as a well-respected, door-to-door logistics provider is to deliver quality service as defined by the client, to reward our employees based on performance, and to innovate and maintain technology ahead of the industry. We are looking for an experienced Air Export Coordinator to join our Ops Team at our facility near LAX.
The Air Export Coordinator will perform air export duties and provide support at the desk level to all internal and external customers, vendors, suppliers, agents, and government agencies. This is a full-service position, handling shipments from A to Z, including quoting and customer billing. A minimum of 2 years of experience in air export is required of all applicants.
- Ability to trace shipments and re-route freight as needed.
- Knowledge of Letters of Credit, NVOCCs, Incoterms, bills of lading, required licenses, and all pertinent air export regulations.
- Compile master airway bills and break down consolidation into house airway bills. Verify system generated information with actual documents to ensure accuracy.
- The ability to quote business and be profit conscious.
- Team player with positive attitude and proven ability to work well under pressure and constant deadlines.
- Problem-solving skills and attention to detail with the ability to find creative solutions. • Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook and Excel.
- Professional demeanor with exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Experience with CargoWise One is preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong, professional relationships with airlines and transportation agencies.
- Highly organized, with a sense of urgency and the ability to multi-task. Accuracy and attention to detail are absolute requirements for this position.
- At least 2 to 5 years of A to Z experience in an air export capacity at a small to mid-size freight forwarder.
- IATA Dangerous Goods, IATA Basic Export, CFR49 Dangerous Goods, and CFR 15 Export Regulations certification and/or knowledge preferred.
- Well organized, thorough and accurate, and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide innovative business solutions.
- Ability to respond promptly and professionally to client and company needs.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop a strong rapport with colleagues, contacts, and clients.
- Again, experience with CargoWise One is a big plus!
- High school diploma or GED is required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is ideal.
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Competitive hourly pay DOE, with additional bonus and commission potential.
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and paid holiday, personal, and vacation time.
Please no phone calls regarding this position.
We appreciate all applications. However, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted directly.
Sponsorship/Location Statement: While ClearFreight appreciates the efforts of all qualified applicants for this position, we regret that, at this time, this position is only open to local Los Angeles residents who do not require sponsorship to work in the United States.
EOE Statement: ClearFreight is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for this position will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic that is protected by law.
Posted 30+ days ago