Director of Finance
- Roscommon, MI 48653
- Job Type
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (CPA preferred).
- Five years supervisory experience in accounting.
- School Business Manager experience.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and financial management software and business machines for accounting and payroll functions.
- Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
Reports To: Superintendent
Supervises: Accounting Department
Director of Finance will assist in the administration of the C.O.O.R. Intermediate School District’s business affairs so as to provide the maximum educational services for the financial resources available.
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs the activities of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, and cash management.
- Directs the development of the annual budgets and all amended budgets including the billings/refunds to the LEAs/PSAs for special education services.
- Transfers bank funds to appropriate accounts to cover expenditures.
- Ensures monthly reconciliation of the bank statements with the general ledger.
- Prepares Journal Entries for the General Ledger as needed.
- Updates and corrects information contained in the General Ledger.
- Develops and maintains cash flow projections and determines if borrowing is necessary prior to tax collections and receipt of state aid.
- Supervises bookkeeping and payroll functions and is responsible for performance of accounting personnel.
- Assists in the training of new accounting department personnel.
- Supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to the accounting department.
- Has a working knowledge of the resources available through the Michigan Department of Education State Aid and School Finance Department.
- Creates accounting codes in accordance with the Michigan Public School Accounting Manual.
- Will review purchase orders for proper account codes and ensure amount of expenditure falls within the respective budget(s).
- Works closely with all department directors by providing technical assistance regarding the financial aspects of grant applications and provides financial information for reports.
- Monitors all grants, inputs data into various systems (e.g. MEGS+); requests funding through various systems (e.g. CMS) and completes end-of-year reports (e.g. final expenditure reports (FER)).
- Keeps a record of dates reports are due and prepares reports timely.
- Provides Superintendent and/or designee with financial information required for labor negotiations.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with local, state, and federal officials in the performance of all job functions.
- Processes all invoices for approval at monthly Board meetings as well as reports for ratifying checks processed throughout the month with prior Board approval.
- Provides Board reports to Superintendent’s Secretary.
- Prepares required data/reports/documents and coordinates the annual external auditing process and other special audits.
- Will advise the Superintendent on business matters as they pertain to special projects.
- Will prepare reports for the Board upon request of the Superintendent.
- Will perform such other tasks as Superintendent of the COOR Intermediate School District may assign.
- Will perform duties according to COOR safety and health policies.
- Will keep work area in a neat and organized manner, keep surrounding areas clean and orderly to maintain health and safety according to COOR policies.
- Will possess knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment. Ability to apply and manage the safety standards of COOR.
- Will possess knowledge of common safety hazards and necessary safety precautions for self and others, sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment. Ability to use the principles of safety and to perform skills protecting the health and safety of self, students and other co-workers.
- Will follow all health and safety rules, policies and procedures.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve Month Year. Director of Finance salary to be established by the Board.
Performance on this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Personnel not covered by Master Contract.
Posted 12 days ago