Overhead Cranes - Lead Technician
- Mississauga, ON
- Job Type
CRS CraneSystems Inc, branch location of 7093 Torbram Rd, Mississauga, ON requires the services of a Lead Overhead Crane Technician. The full time (40 hours per week) and permanent appointment will be required to complete the following duties:
- Panel wiring of crane equipment.
- Wiring of remote systems.
- Electrical servicing of lifting equipment.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment that forms part of overhead cranes.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits and feeders that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Test electrical components that form parts of overhead cranes for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Maintain, repair, install and test switchgears, transformers, switchboard meters and regulators that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Maintain, repair, test and install electrical motors, electrical control systems that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Troubleshoot, maintain and repair industrial, electrical and electronic control systems, and other related devices that form parts of overhead cranes.
- Conduct electrical preventative maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
- Mechanical servicing of lifting equipment which includes the inspection of gearboxes and oil levels, measuring of long travel and cross travel wheels for wear, greasing of open gears and grease points, inspection of load ropes for basic wear or tightness.
- Mechanical troubleshooting and repairing of lifting equipment, which involves basic rigging of solid weights onto load hooks. The knowledge of the operation of electronic load cells is essential.
- Installation and commissioning of new cranes and supply systems.
- Overhauling of long travel, cross travel and hoist gearboxes.
- Calibration of load cells and load limiters
- Reading blueprints of cranes
- Inspecting overhead cranes for malfunctions and incorrect operations.
- Assemble and install new overhead cranes.
Applicant must have:
- At least 8000 hours experience in maintenance of overhead cranes as required by Canada Standards Authority B167-96, par 6.1.
- 8-10 years experience in maintaining Overhead Cranes, undertaking upgrades and modernisations.
- A qualified electrician from any jurisdiction. Red Seal/Journeyman Electrical Preferred
- Language at work place is English
- Ability to work on their own or run a team and take on a mentor-ship role.
Wages and benefits
Wage will be $38-$40.00 per hour, dependent on experience and abilities.
The benefits include 80% coverage on health and dental, with costs to be shared 50/50 between employee and employer. Eligible after 90 days of start date.
How to Apply
Resumes can be emailed (preferred) or faxed to 780-416-8808.
Please provide three references that can verify the experience. References will be called.
Posted 30+ days ago
Mississauga, ON • Full-time
- Branch Manager - Ontario
Mississauga, ON • Full-time
- Overhead Crane Technician - Surrey
Surrey, BC • Full-time
- Overhead Crane Technician - NOC Code 7242
Mississauga, ON • Full-time • Salary: $33.00 /hour
- Overhead Crane Technician - Calgary
Calgary, AB • Full-time
- Business Development - New Cranes - Surrey
Surrey, BC • Full-time • Salary: $69,000.00 /year