Assistant Property Manager
- Charlotte, NC
- Job Type
Damen Residential is a privately-held real estate investment firm that owns and operates multi-family properties in major cities throughout the United States. The Assistant Property Manager performs community accounting functions and assists in the administration, leasing, and supervision of personnel.
Job Responsibilities & Duties:
- Collects and secures rental payments.
- Makes daily bank deposits and verifies the accuracy of those deposits.
- Inputs daily activity transactions.
- Prepares accounting records and reports, including Deposit Accounting and monthly close out.
- Delivers late rent letters, “Notices to Vacate”, and personally contacts all residents who have unpaid/owed rent daily.
- Assists in the eviction process.
- Enters activity into YARDI in relation to the Daily, Weekly & monthly checklists. Enters Skip Watch information- if applicable.
- Adheres to company key policy.
- Assists with leasing duties to include showing apartments and preparing leases.
- Maintains organized community office files.
- Maintains working knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations concerning apartment leasing and management.
- Prepares accurate and complete reports in a timely manner.
- Handles or assists in recording, preparation and follow-up of work orders to facilitate residents’ service requests.
- Assists in the inspections of vacant apartments and takes appropriate action to prepare them for market-ready status.
- Promotes resident retention by assisting with the renewal program.
- Performs periodic inspection of communal areas.
- Reports any observed maintenance problem.
- Must assist with and attend resident functions.
- Must stay informed of and in line with company policies.
- Must adhere to and comply with company safety policies and rules and utilize safety equipment as required.
- Assumes duties of Property Manager, as directed.
- Must always be courteous and helpful to residents, prospective residents, and co-workers.
- Must have reliable transportation to make bank deposits, attend meetings, purchase and pick up supplies.
- Must have a mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be available for overtime, weekend, holiday, and evening work.
- Must be willing to be assigned to other DASMEN Communities, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Property Manager.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Mathematical skills (high school-level) to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, etc.
- Possesses above-average telephone and communication skills.
- Competent ability with personal computer- Microsoft Office, Internet
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Apartment management experience preferred.
- Yardi experience preferred.
- Must be strong in bookkeeping.
- Experience in large property management is preferred.
Posted 30+ days ago