- Toronto, ON
- Job Type
POSITION : Account Supervisor
DEPARTMENT : Accounts
REPORTS TO : Account Director
Who is Diamond?
We’re a strategic, creative-led group of people working hand in hand to solve problems for some really great brands – among other things. We don’t follow any set of rules. In fact, we’re constantly breaking them. We’re not afraid to take risks. Or to go all in. We go above and beyond what’s asked. And are never satisfied. We always look ahead – changing as the industry changes. We love problems above channels. Insights above fads. And creativity above all else. Sound like you? Join us.
Some of the things we do:
Social Media + Digital + Content + Experiential + Events + Activations + Promotions + Design + Insights + Strategy
The Account Supervisor will be accountable for managing the relationship with one of our key clients. You will be allocated to a portfolio consisting of one or more types of programs to manage from brief to final delivery. This role requires proven strength in analytical skills and strategic thinking that drives results. Working with internal departments you will collaborate on bringing a client campaign to life. The Account Supervisor must be able to lead and mentor a team, including any direct reports.
Client Relationship Management:
- Lead the consistent delivery of client communications and provide updates on the activation of the various programs, and action plans to enhance or build upon current results
- Work with your Account Director on initiating new business opportunities, and further developing existing ones
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of, and be conversant in client’s business – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Demonstrate confidence and authority as the day-to-day voice of the agency team
- Anticipate potential relationship or expectation issues, advising the Account Director in time to act proactively
Staff and Project Leadership:
- Must have the ability to dissect a brief, and evaluate the needs and wants of the clients.
- Responsible for building sales and presentation decks while maintaining accuracy and appropriate tone
- Lead, participate and collaborate in brainstorms and take an active leadership role in the entire campaign
- Financial accountability –must have experience in complex / multi-channel budgeting.
- Liaise and work with other departments to plan and execute numerous campaigns, building collaborative relationships, both internal and external
- Accountable for leading, guiding, developing, mentoring and coaching Account Executives (as required)
- Assist in the development and execution of new business opportunities, including pitches and RFPs
- Any other duties required by the Account Director or Senior Management
Analytic, Strategic and Planning Abilities:
- Identify and support the organic development of incremental business within existing client portfolios – in conjunction with Account Services
- Elevates risks and works collaboratively with the Account Director to build solutions
- Display marketing curiosity and willingness to push your own thinking and the agency’s work in new directions
- Requires a minimum of 5-8 years of client service, as well as successful account and people management experience
- Self-motivated with proven success in retaining and growing client portfolios.
- Strong understanding of marketing and business principles
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Proven success leading team-based projects
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills: time-management, working with critical paths, budgeting, delegating, facilitating meetings, multi-tasking, attention to detail, follow up, etc.
- Previous responsibility directly managing people – including career and team development experience
- Clarity in written and verbal communication in a professional manner – specifically experience with writing concept and creative pitch decks
- Extremely detail oriented, logical, work-oriented and analytical.
- Background in Social, Digital, Integrated and Experiential preferred
- A startup (all-hands-on-deck) ‘I bust my butt because I love it’ approach
Does this sound like you? Are you ready for the next challenge in your career? Are you looking to become a team member in an amazing experiential marketing company? Talented candidates that are in search of a new challenge are encouraged to apply. We truly appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We offer a competitive compensation package with enviable benefits.
Posted 13 days ago