Substitute Assistant Teacher
- Akron, PA 17501
- Job Type
The Substitute Assistant Teacher position is an on-call position. The Substitute Assistant Teacher supports seasoned Lead Teachers in various classrooms throughout the day. The Substitute will work with children in multiple age groups to maintain appropriate ratios for staff to children.
Job Type: Part-Time, On Call, Monday-Friday any hours between 6:30am and 6:00pm. We will work around your schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
The Substitute Assistant Teacher is part of a professional team working to create a caring and safe environment for children and assisting in activities to improve overall care and quality of education. S/he must be able to communicate, listen and work well with others in a team environment. Substitute Assistant Teachers are responsible for implementing developmentally appropriate activities based on children’s interests and needs under the direction of the Lead Teacher.
- Minimum 2 years of professional child care experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and basic computer skills.
- High energy and the ability to work well with others (staff, children, and parents) and to foster a team environment.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Obtain infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check and must pass health screening.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and move freely around a typical classroom in order to safely supervise the children at all times.
Job Type: Part-time
Posted 30+ days ago