- East Norriton, PA
- Job Type
Earth Engineering Inc. (EEI) has an opportunity for Geotechnical Engineer candidates with 5 or more years of geotechnical engineering experience.
The ideal candidate will be capable of applying extensive and diversified knowledge of principal and practices of geotechnical engineering for a wide variety of geotechnical engineering projects and clients. Typically our projects are involved in Commercial & Residential development, Transportation, Oil and Gas Pipeline, and/or Industrial/Energy Sectors. The candidate should expect to work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with varying degrees of complexity.
Technical Responsibilities include:
- Performing and/or leading field investigations
- Assignment of laboratory testing
- Senior level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects
- Performing engineering calculations
- Preparing geotechnical investigation and other reports
- Peer review of engineering calculations and reports
- Preparing engineering cost estimates
- Preparing/reviewing technical specifications
Managerial Responsibilities include:
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- Preparation of proposals for geotechnical investigations
- Communicating with clients and design team and attend client meetings
- Ability to work with project team
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited college or university with advanced degree preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of professional engineering experience following graduation.
- Ideal candidates will possess PE License in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or other states with ability to obtain reciprocity/comity).
- Experience working in and managing a diverse staff of inspectors, field engineers/geologists, office engineers, and resident engineers is required.
- Excellent technical writing and public/client presentation capabilities as well as project and resource management skills are required.
- Sound problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proficiency with geotechnical software a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) proficiency is required.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Posted 30+ days ago