Project Manager/ Soil Scientist
- East Norriton, PA
- Job Type
Earth Engineering Inc. (EEI) has an opportunity for Project Manager/ Soil Scientist candidates with 5 or more years of experience in our East Norriton office.
The ideal candidate for has at least 5 years and requisite experience and education, preferably, a degree in Environmental Science with relevant coursework in soil genesis and morphology, field soil classification, and hydrogeology. Ideally the candidate is experienced and confident in describing and evaluating soils using USDA field methodology and able to conduct a variety a methods for evaluating the saturated hydraulic conductivity, percolation, and infiltration rates of various soils.
Responsibilities and Duties
In addition to conducting soils investigations and various aspect of investigation projects (coordination, communication, budget control, etc.) the candidate will be a company resource for staying abreast of current issues, regulations and guidance regarding stormwater investigations and for providing recommendations to clients that are consistent with the best practices of the industry. Their responsibilities would also include developing proposals for geotechnical and stormwater investigations, conducting soil evaluations for geotechnical and stormwater investigations, report preparation, and follow up meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS degree in Environmental Science, Civil Engineering, Geology, or a relevant field preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working as a soil professional
- Excellent technical writing and public/client presentation capabilities as well as project and resource management skills are required.
- Sound problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proficiency with geotechnical software a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) proficiency is required.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Posted 4 months ago