- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Job Type
Earth Engineering Inc. (EEI) has an opportunity for Geotechnical Engineer candidates with 5 or more years of geotechnical engineering experience in our Mechanicsburg regional office.
The ideal candidate will be capable of applying extensive and diversified knowledge of principal and practices of geotechnical engineering for a wide variety of geotechnical engineering projects and clients. Typically our projects are involved in Commercial & Residential development, Transportation, Oil and Gas Pipeline, and/or Industrial/Energy Sectors. The candidate should expect to work on a major project or several projects of moderate scope with varying degrees of complexity.
Technical Responsibilities include:
- Performing and/or leading field investigations
- Assignment of laboratory testing
- Senior level engineering professional providing technical direction required for production and completion of both routine and unique or complex projects
- Performing engineering calculations
- Preparing geotechnical investigation and other reports
- Peer review of engineering calculations and reports
- Preparing engineering cost estimates
- Preparing/reviewing technical specifications
Managerial Responsibilities include:
- Supervise less experienced engineers or technical support personnel on projects.
- Preparation of proposals for geotechnical investigations
- Communicating with clients and design team and attend client meetings
- Ability to work with project team
- BS degree in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited college or university with advanced degree preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of professional engineering experience following graduation.
- Ideal candidates will possess PE License in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or other states with ability to obtain reciprocity/comity).
- Experience working in and managing a diverse staff of inspectors, field engineers/geologists, office engineers, and resident engineers is required.
- Excellent technical writing and public/client presentation capabilities as well as project and resource management skills are required.
- Sound problem-solving and communication skills.
- Proficiency with geotechnical software a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) proficiency is required.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record.
Posted 12 days ago