Corporate Nutritional Compliance & Regulatory Manager
- Tonawanda, NY
- Job Type
This position serves as the nutritional and regulatory subject matter expert and is responsible for ensuring that product labels are in compliance with company policy, various client specific policies, state and federal regulations along with Canadian and Mexican regulations. The individual in this role will design and review product labeling printed in the plants along with proofing labels created by 3rd party artwork firms on our behalf to ensure that statements correctly represent the product and are in full compliance with applicable regulations to minimize risk of potential product related litigation.
Essential Job Functions
The Corporate Nutritional Compliance & Regulatory Manager will serve as the subject matter expert in all aspects of product labeling including, but not limited to regulatory directives on nutrition and ingredients by providing guidance to project and functional teams to enable effective decision making.
- Maintain the latest knowledge of labeling regulations and proposals established by state and federal agencies and communicate impact of regulations to management and coordinate resulting compliance activities (including regulatory changes in NLEA, RACC, GRAS and GMO).
- Review and ensure compliance on all mandatory aspects of a food label including statement of identity, Net weight, RACC, ingredient statements, allergen declaration, nutritional labels, mfg/dist and country of origin compliance. As well as review and consult on voluntary food labeling
- Respond to internal and external inquiries about nutrition and ingredients related to labeling or packaging inquires which may come from clients, vendors, government agencies, or customers.
- Develop, coordinate, and administer internal processes that control the labeling and packaging design to ensure compliance with the company, client specific policies and governmental regulations.
- Review and approve product artwork, graphics, and test to ensure meeting regulatory requirements and technical accuracy.
- Review customer created artwork and labeling to ensure accuracy, completeness and reasonableness of information. Clearly communicate issues and discrepancies to facilitate resolution.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key customers, serving as the point of contact for nutritional labeling projects
- Monitor and maintain up-to-date knowledge of food labeling regulatory activity and relevant industry trends.
- Engage with sales team on customer and special projects
- Engage with Marketing Director to ensure web based nutritional information is maintained.
- Positon will require minimal travel to keep current and when necessary to other plants.
- Performing duties consistent with the Company’s goals and policies.
- Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
· Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Nutrition or relevant field of study OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Demonstrated experience with ESHA Genesis or other nutrition database / label creation software.
· Speed, Accuracy and extremely high attention to detail are critical.
· Experience with food labeling regulations.
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Must be able to use creative problem-solving skills to identify solutions and must communicate clearly, in writing and verbally, with both our customers and other departments.
· Must be able to make decisions based upon experience, knowledge and judgment. Must have the ability to anticipate needs and provide solutions. Must be resourceful and detail oriented.
· Will be responsible for the accuracy, timeliness and maintenance product files.
· Will be accountable for meeting corporate practices and maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
Posted 24 days ago