Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Tonawanda, NY
- Job Type
The Senior Business Systems Analyst is responsible for providing the functional direction for the most significant and complex business systems and promoting knowledge transfer to other IT staff members and business users.
Essential Job Functions
· Implement and maintain integrated business systems and services.
· Stay up-to-date on software releases and updates and work with technical staff and business users to implement.
· Provide direction for resolving critical application problems.
· Define and document functional requirements for advanced business systems and assist in the selection, testing, integration, and implementation of new functionality within existing or new business systems.
· Design and review advanced business application program specifications, including testing and documenting programs.
· Provide project management leadership for large, complex and cross functional projects, working to complete projects within budget and scheduling time constraints.
· Identify discrepancies in business systems and recommend solutions/improvements.
· Provide after-hour application support as needed.
· Serve as a key IT liaison with acquisition integrations.
· Provide necessary training when implementing new functionality.
· Provide guidance and work with Product Data Management to help ensure data integrity.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field and 6-8 years of experience in a similar role OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Prior experience supporting integrated Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) applications in the areas of forecasting, inventory control, distribution, manufacturing, planning, procurement, and quality.
· Prior experience with SQL scripting tools and relational database experience (Oracle preferred).
· Prior knowledge of distribution, manufacturing, and material requirements planning is required.
· Discrete manufacturing within a consumer products business is a plus.
· Knowledge of data collection systems is preferred (RF Smart or DSI).
· Strong operational knowledge of PC business software.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with a diverse group of people.
· Critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons.
Posted 24 days ago