Purchasing Manager / Buyer
- Tonawanda, NY
- Job Type
We’re looking for an analytical, digitally-savvy, and personable candidate to join our team. As a Purchasing Manager / Buyer, you’ll work to find and purchase gourmet snacks and candies. The Purchasing Manager for First-Source, LLC is responsible for maintaining vendor relations, overseeing the daily functions of Buyers, evaluating and monitoring inventory movement, and analyzing initial gross margin markups and inventory turns.
Essential Job Functions
· Evaluate and analyze SKU and vendor performance based on inventory movement.
· Monitor key customer accounts and maintain adequate stock levels.
· Proactively manage potential inventory issues.
· Work closely with warehouse managers to resolve any supplier, receiving, or inventory issues.
· Request samples for sales representatives and key account presentations.
· Coordinate with the Marketing Department to prepare seasonal, every day, and promotional catalogs and price lists.
· Meet with suppliers to gather current product information.
· Maintain inventory master files.
· Manage vendor billbacks and rebates.
· Resolve vendor issues with damages, shortages/overages, and invoice discrepancies.
· Source new product lines.
· Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis.
· Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback on both positive and negative performance.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities)
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field and 3-5 years experience in a purchasing role, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Moderate degree of proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· JD Edwards Enterprise One experience preferred.
· Ability to communicate on the telephone and in person with customers, vendors, and other department personnel in a friendly and professional manner.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
First Source, LLC provides value-added packaging as well as bulk distribution of chocolate, non-chocolate confectionery, fruit & nut mixes and specialty products with a history dating back to 1927. The name First Source accurately reflects our strategy of being the premier supplier of candy, nuts, snacks and specialty gourmet products to America's retailers in all classes of trade.
First Source packages and distributes candy and specialty foods for such national brands as Ghirardelli, Godiva and Jelly Belly, as well as unbranded and private label confections, serving such clients as Tops, Wegmans, Bed Bath and Beyond, 7-Eleven and Dollar General. The company’s brand names include Mayfair Sales, Holiday Candy, Alpine Valley, Nature’s Fuel, Basket Stuffers, Valentine Stuffers, Candy Carnival, Henry Street, Kids Play, Select Sweets, and Totally Sour.
This job description reflects the current assignment of essential functions and is not meant to be all-inclusive. Duties and responsibilities may be assigned or reassigned to this job at any time and may be modified to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability or for other reasons.
Posted 30+ days ago