Commercial / Residential Electrical Estimator/Project Supervisor Austin, TX
- Austin, TX
- Job Type
As a successful candidate, you must have five or more years’ of commercial—office, healthcare, education, housing and hospitality—electrical estimating and experience as an estimator. You are detailed-oriented, have solid analytical and problem-solving skills and committed to overall success. Responsible for the safety of crew men, installation of electrical wiring and electrical components, quality, and schedule efficiency.
- Estimating commercial ( large and small) / residential projects—start to finish
- Tackling take-offs completely and accurately
- Qualifying quotes for special materials and sub-contracts
- Interacting professionally with customers and partners
- Utilizing general conditions and expense cost sheets
- Coordinating project scope with materials and local/national codes for accurate proposals
- Managing requests for information (RFIs) during bid process
- Preparing project turnover packages on all awarded projects
- Consistently applying estimating practices and procedures
- Attending post-construction meetings to continually improve processes
- Ensure no unsafe practices or unsafe conditions exist at the job site, through 100% compliance to company safety plan and programs.
- Responsible for the safety of crew employees and public by using safe installation and construction practices, driving remedies and maintaining a safe job site.
- Lead quality and safe installations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Coordinate installation with customer and subcontractors to guarantee the project is completed according to customer prints.
- Serve the customer with respect and kindness to satisfy his/her installation needs and concerns.
- Minimize turnover by directly supervising, motivating, training and promoting each install employee in order for them to improve.
- Directly supervise work performed by crew employees, as a team, in order to install quality projects as efficiently as possible.
- Ensure that job site has appropriate level of experience and leadership at all times.
- Directly supervise personnel functions, which include but are not limited to hiring, firing, time cards, wage administration, enforcing policies and discipline, and listening to and helping to solve personnel problems. Minimize turnover. Maximize retention. Pay fairly.
- Responsible for Preventative Maintenance of the crew and split up truck, all equipment and tools, so they are safe, neat, clean and in good working condition. Communicate and cooperate with service, repair or replacement/exchange
- Effectively communicate, report the project status and requirements to Project Managers with enough advance notice to fill the requirements, including but not limited to: materials, equipment, man power, vehicles, subcontractors, and the owner's needs.
- Provide proper and accurate paperwork/reporting, including but not limited to: purchase orders, change orders, receipts, return goods forms, miscellaneous parts lists, daily time , time and material information, job report card, daily job planning, internal change orders, lead cards, weekly safety inspections, and job safety analysis (JSA).
- Promote the company brand through proper driving habits, plus professional and kind behaviors in all public settings and job sites. Lead, model, and enforce these behaviors with all crew employees.
- 5+ years of estimating experience
- Good communication skills—written and verbal
- Knowledge of blueprints, specifications, codes and regulations
- Computer skills and exposure to
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritize issues
Posted 9 months ago
- Recruiting Specialist
Odessa, TX • Full-time • Salary: $48,000.00 to $56,000.00 /year
- HVAC Technician
Odessa, TX • Full-time • Salary: $18.00 to $32.00 /hour
- HVAC Estimator
Odessa, TX • Full-time • Salary: $25.00 to $32.00 /hour
- New Construction Electrician
Odessa, TX • Full-time • Salary: $20.00 to $34.00 /hour
- Journeyman Electrician
Odessa, TX • Full-time • Salary: $26.00 to $34.00 /hour
- Service Electrician
Odessa, TX • Full-time • Salary: $24.00 to $32.00 /hour
- Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic
San Juan, PR • Full-time