- Saint Clairsville, OH
- Job Type
It's a great time to join Fortis Energy Services! We are a growing company with several opportunities for advancement! Fortis Energy Services, Inc. is a leading oil and gas service company in the USA specializing in well completions, workovers, maintenance and plugging. Quality people and quality work are the principle factors behind our exceptional success rate, efficiency and safety record.
Please visit www.fortisenergyservices.com/careers to apply.
The Snubbing Operator will help his/her assigned crews into the field at the start of the workday. This will include finding crew-hands for short-handed crews, handing out supplies, confirming each employee is fit for duty, etc. All duties are to be performed according to standard operating procedures in order to maximize the safety of everyone at the worksite and to efficiently perform the task.
- Assist and supervise crews which may include problem solving, employee performance management and training
- Ensure all standard operating procedures are being followed and safety is first priority
- Ensure location cleanliness, including Company trucks and dog houses
- Track inventory on location: ancillary consumables, saver subs, etc. When inventory is low, coordinate with the Rig/Snubbing Supervisor obtain additional needed supplies.
- Make certain all accidents are reported immediately to the Rig/Snubbing Supervisor and is responsible for full cooperation of employees involved for any necessary,
- Exercise stop work obligation when necessary
- Facilitate location set up and take down, ensuring the proper set up of equipment
- Coordinate and/or perform ongoing preventative maintenance and repair of equipment
- Ensure all company owned equipment is kept clean and in working order
- Assist with the supervision of all rig-ups and subsequent operations on all locations for the duration of all work performed by the company
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are followed by all employees
- Recognize problems and improvements needed and pass these onto the Rig/Snubbing Supervisor
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company
- Comply with and promote all trainings in the FortiSafe Certified program
- Properly “rig up” and “rig down” location equipment
- Ensure compliance with all company safety practices all equipment including, rigs, pumps, power swivels, catwalks, company vehicles, etc.
- Manage of all “yard” procedures when the pump comes in/out of the Fortis yard
- Ensure training of employees of all equipment (rig, pump, swivel, catwalk, etc.)
- Work with the Rig/Snubbing Supervisor to ensure all equipment is properly maintained according to Fortis PM specifications
- Properly check in/out all necessary equipment for the job with the “Shop Mechanic”
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
Licenses and Certifications
- Valid driver's license required
- Valid Class A CDL preferred
- Any other heavy equipment licenses or certifications preferred
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life insurance
- Short term disability
- Ancillary benefits such as critical care, accident, and more
- Paid time off
- And much, much more!
Posted 30+ days ago