- Lafayette, CA
- Job Type
- Salary: $12.50 /hour
Futures Explored, Inc. is a private non-profit corporation located in the heart of downtown Lafayette. Our innovative programs provide training in work-related and life skills to adults with developmental disabilities.
We have been committed to serving adults with developmental disabilities in their community for over 50 years by promoting dignity through work and community participation.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Employment Specialist provides on-the-job training to developmentally disabled adults in community-based and/or vocational program settings.
- Provides community-based instruction in the areas of life skills
- Social skills, and job skills,
- Budgeting and money management,
- Computer training, mobility and travel training,
- Vocational training, supported employment
- Volunteer jobs, and appropriate behaviors in the community and at the worksite.
Positions are available immediately in Lafayette, California (94549).
Qualifications and Skills
Special Requirements/Must Have:
- Reliable transportation, valid CA DL, auto insurance, and clean DMV; Ability/willingness to drive your personal vehicle to provide services; Ability to pass LiveScan fingerprinting, health screening, and TB test; Physical stamina and ability to fulfill a variety of agency job responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion, tact and judgment; Effective written and oral communication skills; Professional demeanor, good attendance, and punctuality.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 403 (b) Plan.
- Monday -Friday ~ Days ~ 32-40 hrs/week.
Posted 19 days ago