- Sacramento, CA
- Job Type
- Salary: $12.50 /hour
Employment Specialist - Futures Explored Inc. - Sacramento, CA
Futures Explored, Inc. is a private non-profit corporation located in Yolo, Sacramento, Contra Costa and Alameda counties. Our innovative programs provide training in work-related and life skills to adults with mild to moderate developmental disabilities. We have been committed to serving participants in their community for over 50 years by promoting dignity through work and community participation. We have several openings to work with adults with developmental disabilities.
This position is available immediately in Davis, CA (home base is UC Davis). Part-time, Non-Exempt, 32 Hours/Week, M-F, Days, $12.50/Hour, Benefits (Medical, Vacation, Sick, 403(b) Retirement).
The UCD Employment Specialist provides instruction and on-the-job training to individuals with developmental disabilities working in the UC Davis dining commons/dish room in the areas of advocacy, appropriate behavior, communication, community integration, health and safety preparation, independent living skills, job skills, mobility, outdoor experiences, personal care training, self-advocacy, recreation, social skills, supported employment, travel training, vocational training, volunteer jobs, internships, and other designated skills.
- Provides instruction and training in the daily job duties and maintenance of the dish room and dining commons.
- Provides instruction and training in a variety of work-related activities including resumé development, interviewing practice, job application completion, and other job preparation skills, such as navigating employment resources, organization, time management, understanding of assignments, and employer expectations.
- Acts as an advocate to promote and protect the rights of participants; Ensures individuals are treated with dignity and respect; Supports participants in advocacy and self-advocacy actions.
- Assists with researching community activities, events, and destinations, determining accessibility and practicality, planning trips to desired locations, and arranging/accessing transportation, and attends outings with participants (during work breaks, if applicable).
- Drives personal vehicle to provide services, to drive to work sites, to substitute at other programs, and to run errands as needed.
- Conducts Situational Assessments and task analysis, and subsequent reporting; Uses information gained to help the individual identify possible job interests, locate potential employers (as needed), and apply, and supports interviews leading to employment outcomes, which may include identifying job lead resources and regularly tracking job openings.
- Facilitates our clients’ integration through internships, employment, or volunteer opportunities, and negotiates work-related issues with employers, such as schedule, site modifications, etc., per supervisor’s approval and guidance.
- Assists with documentation and maintenance of clients’ permanent files, client database and records, and client personal, program, and emergency information.
- Completes daily casenoting in a thorough, concise, and understandable manner; Evaluates and summarizes participant progress in written form for annual and semi-annual meetings; Attends annual and semi-annual meetings, as requested.
- Attends Health & Safety meetings, supports the Health & Safety program, and participates in regular trainings and emergency drills.
Special Requirements/Must Have: Ability to pass LiveScan fingerprinting, health screening, and TB test; Reliable transportation, valid CA DL, auto insurance, and clean DMV; Physical stamina and ability to fulfill job responsibilities.
Capability of standing 7.5 hours per day, lifting 20-30 pounds, bending, reaching, pulling, and pushing; Ability/willingness to drive participants in personal vehicle to provide services, and to drive personal vehicle to other sites, to substitute, and to run errands, as needed, and to drive agency vehicles to provide services.
Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changes in job assignments, personnel, individuals served, environment, and procedures; Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines; Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion, tact and judgment, as well as effective written and oral communication skills; Knowledge of computers and software, with the ability to troubleshoot basic problems.
Has a desire to work with individuals with developmental disabilities; training will be provided.
Posted 11 months ago
- Risk Management Specialist IV.5
Concord, CA • Full-time • Salary: $47,476.00 /year
- Employment Specialist/Job Developer I/II
Sacramento, CA • Full-time • Salary: $13.50 /hour
- Employment Specialist IV - Supported Employment
Livermore, CA • Full-time • Salary: $42,641.00 /year
- Living Skills Attendant
Brentwood, CA • Full-time • Salary: $12.50 /hour