Contracted Teaching Position in Film and Media - Various Subjects
- Livermore, CA
- Job Type
Futures Explored Film Workshop is looking for qualified instructors to work as contractors for our vocational training workshop. This workshop uses a hands on approach to train individuals with developmental disabilities in all aspects of filmmaking and prepares them for jobs in the industry. We are looking for instructors to teach in our program on a part time basis, between 1-4 days a week and as crew for paid projects on a project basis.
Instructors needed in the following areas:
- Camera Instruction (adaptability across different camera styles (DSLR, Black magic, Panasonic)
- Post-Production (Editing, Graphic Arts, Marketing)
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate a cooperative, collaborative and empathetic teaching style and who can adapt lessons to be hands on and fit a variety of learning styles.
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities is not required and training will also be provided, but a background in teaching in some capacity is preferred.
- Knowledge and Expertise in your field; either from an educational perspective or from real world professional experience.
- Ability to pass background check and LiveScan clearance required.
These are contracted part time positions and are paid at a day rate commiserate with experience. A typical day is 6 hours, but occasionally depending on shooting schedules can go as long as 8.
A half-day is considered less than 4 hours worked.
For more information about our workshops you can visit www.futures-explored.org and follow the Film Workshop tab. Please send serious inquiries only
Posted 14 days ago