Direct Support Professional - Flex Job Coach
- Lafayette, CA
- Job Type
- Salary: $13.50 /hour
Futures Explored, Inc. is a private non-profit corporation located in the heart of downtown Lafayette. Our innovative programs provide training in work-related and life skills to adults with mild to moderate developmental disabilities. We have been committed to serving adults with developmental disabilities in their community for over 50 years by promoting dignity through work and community participation.
The Direct Support Professional - Flex Employment Specialist provides on-the-job training to developmentally disabled adults in community-based and/or vocational program settings; provides community-based instruction in the areas of life skills, social skills, and job skills, budgeting and money management, computer training, mobility and travel training, vocational training, supported employment, volunteer jobs, and appropriate behaviors in the community and at the worksite.
- Positions are currently available immediately in Lafayette, California. Monday -Friday, days, 36-40 hrs/week, $13.50/hr plus benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties
Flex position: Rotates between employment services and vocational training programs as needed. Supports preparation for job entry by identifying and documenting job/training opportunities. Supports developing and implementing strategies, tools, and techniques to increase job performance. Supports positively reflecting and promoting skills and capabilities.
- Provides instruction and on‐the‐job training to participants working in community‐based and/or vocational program settings in a variety ofareas, including advocacy, appropriate behavior, budgeting and money management, communication, computer training, cultural events,health and safety preparation, independent living skills, job skills, mobility, outdoor experiences, personal care training, recreation, social skills,travel training, volunteer jobs, and other designated skills.
- Supports individual engagement to collaborate with employers to support adapting to the work environment. Provides job retention support. Assists with researching and developing jobs and meaningful work‐related activities, and oversees participants during work time and community participation. Provides instruction and training in a variety of work‐related activities including resumé development, interviewing practice, job application completion, and other job preparation skills, such as navigating employment resources, organization, time management, understanding ofassignments, and employer expectations.
- Acts as an advocate to promote and protect the rights of participants; Ensures individuals are treated with dignity and respect; Supports participants in advocacy and self‐advocacy actions. Provides opportunities for participants to choose, practice, learn, demonstrate, and experience independent action.
Qualifications and Skills
Special Requirements/Must Have:
- Reliable transportation
- Valid CA DL, auto insurance, and clean DMV
- Ability/willingness to drive your personal vehicle to provide services
- Ability to pass LiveScan fingerprinting, health screening, and TB test.
Physical stamina and ability to fulfill a variety of agency job responsibilities. Excellent interpersonal skills, including discretion, tact and judgment; Effective written and oral communication skills; Professional demeanor, good attendance, and punctuality.
- Before applying, please visit our website at www.futures-explored.org.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement, and Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
Posted 30+ days ago