Machinery Tech Trainee
- Yakima, WA 98902
- Job Type
Job Summary: Must safely and efficiently handle customer issues. This position will install, maintain, and troubleshoot GLI systems at customer locations. Must have a high technical aptitude and be able to work independently and as a team member. Must be able to take direction from coworkers/supervisor. In addition, the ideal person in this position will have a high degree of mechanical/technical aptitude and be able to use various tools to install and repair conveyors, motors, gearboxes, photo eyes, printers, etc. This position requires aptitude and responsibility and the new hire will be trained on actual job duties. Good communication skills are a must!
Duties/Responsibilities (Essential Job Functions)
Equipment and Software Support
- Troubleshoot software and hardware remotely and onsite with customer
- Responsible for install and repair of photo eyes, scanners, PLC’s, ink jet systems, thermal printers and inline scales
- Keep accurate and current records of inspection, maintenance, repair, and service calls
- Provide maintenance of all installed machinery; following a PM schedule
- Support sales in both software and equipment areas
- Have or gain Windows modern communication knowledge, networking connectivity
- Communicate well with staff and customers, making sure information is disseminated thoroughly through efficient use of email and verbal communication
- Able to give excellent tech support to end customers.
Knowledge Skills Abilities for Success:
- Must understand safety protocol and practice good safety at all times
- Must adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices(GMP)/Food Safety Rules of customer locations
- Communicate well with coworkers and Management
- Must be a self-starter and able to maintain motivation with very little supervision; must be able to prioritize tasks as needed
- Computer literate with PC programs, Microsoft Office, XP, 7
- Adaptable, able to learn new concepts and able to solve problems
- Skilled at troubleshooting, fixing problems both equipment hardware and software based.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude
- Understands customer service and is willing to go the extra mile to give excellent customer service.
- Able to work well under pressure
- Understands and can respond with a sense of urgency
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds from ground to at least waist
- Able to procure passport for possible travel to Canada
- Preferred mechanical experience
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check and urinalysis drug test
- Have valid driver’s license, personal insurance and pass company insurance approval. Occasional out of state travel
Able to work hours outside standard business hours of 8-5 M-F, as needed, especially during harvest and peak times. There is an on-call schedule that rotates the responsible employee for answering on call requests.
- Willing to schedule vacation time into non-busy season
Posted 30+ days ago