Jr Email Designer
- Ann Arbor, MI
- Job Type
CharityUSA.com is currently looking for a Junior Email Designer. This person will be an integral member of the Email Team and will help produce high quality and effective email marketing campaigns. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our causes and the business of giving back. PLEASE INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR DESIGN PORTFOLIO OR INCLUDE EXAMPLES.
This is a FULL TIME position located in our Ann Arbor, MI office. Telecommuting is not an option for this position and it is not a contract position.
- Creating high-quality commercial/ecommerce/promotional email designs and ads based on knowledge of layout principles, efficient coding, and aesthetic design concepts.
- Generating new artwork consistent with organizational dynamics using Adobe CS6 and/or Adobe CC software (specifically Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Implementation of graphics and text into designs using Dreamweaver or hand-coded HTML editor.
- Implementation of marketing strategies to create graphic designs that align with commercial and promotional marketing campaigns; are consistent with branding; are audience appropriate.
- Testing blasts and addressing design problems--whether they be HTML/CSS or graphics related.
- Educational background in web design, and/or web programming and strong understanding of various web technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with hand-coded HTML editor software. Ability to read and edit code.
- Must be proficient in Adobe CS6 and/or Adobe CC software and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with sFTP and computer network use and server directory structures.
- Experience producing product and marketing-related graphic designs a plus.
- Experience designing e-commerce emails, with an understanding of user interface and proper coding for HTML emails is a plus.
- Familiar with staging product photographs and image masking a plus.
- Familiar with current and best practices of web design, including cross-browser compatibility and web content accessibility a plus.
- Experience understanding and adhering to stricter XML syntax rules a plus.
- Ability to work independently and within a team. Must have ability to work with both on-site and remote teammates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: The ability to communicate effectively via email, IM/chat, by phone, Skype, and in person with teammates, manager, and others within the company.
- Must be attentive to detail and have ability to work quickly yet with accuracy.
- Must have excellent follow through, organizational and time management skills, and be able to meet deadlines.
- Must enjoy and be successful in a fast-paced workflow.
- Passion for making a difference in the world!
- Sense of humor required!
Want to Work for Us? All interested and qualified candidates should submit their resume along with a portfolio of their work or a link to their portfolio. The portfolio should include your strongest examples of an HTML email design, web design and graphic art design.
We will not accept resumes from persons interested in a contracted position or any company who offers similar services.
Only applicants who submit a resume and samples or portfolios will be considered for this position.
No phone calls from applicants or third party recruiters please.
GreaterGood / CharityUSA.com offers competitive benefits including:
- Full health insurance plan including medical, dental and vision
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- 401(k) Plan
- Company paid transit pass
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday and Sick)
About the Company: GreaterGood / CharityUSA.com (http://www.charityusa.com) owns and operates the popular suite of “Click to Give” websites and shop-to-give stores, attracting over 5 million unique visitors each month. Our visitors are passionate about the causes we support.
We are a leader in online activism and a dynamic force in the fight to end world hunger, provide mammograms to women in need, support diabetes research, aid veterans, promote literacy, support families living with autism, preserve the world's rainforests, and provide care for unwanted animals.
Our websites bring together communities that care, giving you the power to make a difference in the world with simple, every day actions. You can benefit leading nonprofit organizations by choosing from a range of activities including clicking on the free contribution button daily, and shopping for gifts, apparel, jewelry, and home décor in our do-good stores to give even more funding.
Posted 15 months ago