- Hickory, NC 28602
- Job Type
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The NETworX Facilitator works directly with the NETworX Coordinator to coach and support NETworX relationships. This is a part time, non-benefitted position.
- Education: Four year degree in human services field, a minimum of 2-years of experience in community organizing, community development, and working with low-income families. Experienced in working in non-profit business preferred.
- Skills: Maintain positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with GHCCM, Champions, Allies, Co-workers, and Community Members. Develop a supportive, empowering culture for diverse members of the community. Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Personal Qualities: Demonstrate a friendly, diplomatic, and professional manner at all times, handle emotional situations in a calm and kind manner; prefer a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the NETworX program. Maintains confidentiality in all communication regarding NETworX participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Assist with recruiting and screening of possible Champions of Change and Allies
- Maintain current knowledge of social services available throughout the community.
- Assist in planning, scheduling and facilitating weekly community meetings
- Identify referral and advocacy information and share information with NETworX community
- Regularly attend and provide leadership in NETworX team meetings, GHCCM staff meetings and community meetings.
- Network with appropriate community sectors and groups to recruit both Leaders and Allies
- Provide conflict resolution if necessary within the NETworX Community
- Participates as an active member of the Local Advisory Board for NETworX
- Adhere to organization’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and/or projects assigned by supervisor or Executive Director.
- Demonstrates commitment to the mission, vision, and values of GHCCM
Posted 21 days ago