- Hickory, NC 28602
- Job Type
The phlebotomist is responsible for obtaining lab specimens, preparing specimens for transport to Lab Corp., and maintaining regulatory conditions in the clinic lab. Responsible for patient triage within their scope of practice and assisting with any clerical tasks as directed.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports directly to the Medical Ministries Coordinator.
High school diploma or GED required, certificate of completion of phlebotomy training required, ASPT preferred. Technology knowledge: Microsoft office, EMR experience preferred. Respectful of all patients, volunteers and staff during all encounters. Able to communicate with patients and visitors in a clear, detailed, compassionate and professional manner. Accurately measures vital signs and reports information from patients in the medical record. A minimum of two (2) years of healthcare experience preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for obtaining lab specimens including venipuncture blood, capillary blood, urine or hemocult sample and appropriately labeling and processing specimens for analysis.
- Ensure lab is adequately stocked with lab supplies.
- Performs tasks delegated by supervisor, medical provider(s) within scope of practice and in accordance with agency policies and procedures and regulatory requirements, such as HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Maintain and clean lab area with approved disinfectant in accordance with OSHA, CLIA requirements and Infection Control Procedures.
- Assist in sterilization of equipment as needed.
- Maintain log sheets on equipment for quality assurance checks; monitors and records temperatures daily in the refrigerators that contain medications and lab specimens.
- Responsible for escorting patients to exam rooms, interview patients, measure vital signs, and document all information into patient’s medical record.
- Assist with contacting patients for follow-up,
- Responsible for keeping exam rooms cleaned and stocked with adequate supplies.
- Ensure all related reports and correspondence regarding patients is filed into the medical record prior to the patient’s visit.
- Manage data entry of clinic visits in EMR.
- Assist with general office procedures: typing, filing, organizing, and answering phone, word processing and data base entry.
- Attend staff meetings, in-services, activities, as required
- Performs other duties and/or projects assigned by supervisor, Director of Programs and Services or Executive Director.
- Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision, and values of GHCCM.
Posted 8 days ago