Senior Architectural Technologist
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
- Job Type
The Quality Assurance Lead/Senior Architectural Detailer, provides highly specialized and advanced technical expertise and mentoring in the design/development of product review and quality assurance processes.
- Provide advanced technical expertise and mentoring to the architectural studios and the broader organization. Champion quality assurance process improvements across the organization;
- Provide advice to senior management on quality assurance advancements, and make recommendations;
- Assist in the education and development of associates and act as resource for architectural and design questions. Create checklists, assemble and create standards as required;
- Conduct in-depth quality control checks on technical documents, conduct in depth drawing checks;
- Validate that designs and deliverables conform to the guidelines, the code requirements and other regulations;
- Understand full construction detailing and identify any items/concerns that may become an issue on site;
- Apply knowledge of applicable building codes and work with code officials and other architectural professionals when an interpretation to building codes is required;
- Take a lead role, under supervision of Studio Manager, in the design of plans and preliminary estimations with the use of CAD development tools;
- Collaborate in the production of construction drawings and specifications, according to set standards;
- Execute drawings, construction documents, technical documents, sketches, etc.;
- Contribute to the overall success of the projects by committing to utilizing best practices;
- Assure that all deadlines are met.
- Strong knowledge and fluent in AutoCad 2016, REVIT an asset;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Ontario Building Code, Part 9 design and construction; Onsite construction experience considered an asset.
- Strong experience in and sound working knowledge of the management of large complex projects, client teams, consultants, and internal project teams;
- 15 years or more of relevant work experience, minimum of five years’ Canadian experience in the architectural design, production and quality assurance of projects;
- Able to work independently, developing and designing, coordinating drawings;
- Able to mentor and provide education to less experience associates;
- Able to work on multiple projects and coordinate with various consulting professionals;
- Fluent in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer service focus;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Greystone Design Group will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Posted 30 days ago