- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
- Job Type
Greystone has immediate openings for Architectural Designers to be based out of our Kitchener & Toronto offices.
If you have solid knowledge of architectural detailing, retail store planning and are strongly adept in AutoCAD, we would love to hear from you!
A few of the essential functions required of this position include:
- Contributing to the conceptual design and layout of new builds, expansions, major/minor renovations and conversion projects relating to retail stores and/or restaurants
- Analyzing building codes, by-laws, space requirements and other technical documents and reports; when required, conduct site checks/visits and transfer as-built information onto layouts
- Recognizing and reporting project challenges in an organized, appropriate way
- Communicating ideas and recommendations to team members in a clear manner
- Supporting the Senior Designers during the design phase of projects
- Ensuring both Greystone’s design and clients’ design standards are adhered to in all aspects of the position with emphasis on high value and functionality
Successful candidates will have:
- Successfully completed an Architectural Technology program and 1-3 years of relevant work experience (commercial/retail);
- Have excellent AutoCAD/Revit; Microsoft Office Suite; other programs such Photoshop and Sketch skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of current building codes, systems, materials and construction detailing (BCIN qualifications preferred);
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures; Ability to read and understand blueprints / plans / surveys;
- Experienced in working drawings for the commercial retail industry; experienced in contract/construction administration;
- Possesses excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to details and ability to work
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
Greystone Design Group committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Greystone will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Posted 29 days ago