Senior Architectural Technologist
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
- Job Type
The Greystone team is growing!
We are currently recruiting for a full time Senior Architectural Technologist to be based out of our Kitchener office. This position is about collaborating with a specialized team of architectural professionals while sharing values of respect, fun, work-life balance and recognition, of your significant contributions.
The Greystone Architectural Technologists, provides highly specialized and advanced technical expertise and mentoring in the design/development of product review and quality assurance processes.
- Provide advanced technical expertise and mentoring to the architectural studios and the broader organization. Champion the quality assurance process improvements across the organization;
- Provide advice to senior management on quality assurance advancements, and make recommendations;
- Assist in the education and development of associates and act as resource for architectural and design questions. Create checklists, assemble and create standards as required;
- Conduct in-depth quality control checks on technical documents, conduct in depth drawing checks;
- Validate that designs and deliverables conform to the guidelines, the code requirements and other regulations;
- Understand full construction detailing and identify any items/concerns that may become an issue on site;
- Apply knowledge of applicable building codes and work with code officials and other architectural professionals when an interpretation to building codes is required;
- Take a lead role, under supervision of the Studio Manager, in the design of plans and preliminary estimations with the use of CAD development tools;
- Collaborate in the production of construction drawings and specifications, according to set standards;
- Execute drawings, construction documents, technical documents, sketches, etc.;
- Contribute to the overall success of the projects by committing to utilizing best practices;
- Assure that all deadlines are met.
- Strong knowledge and fluent in AutoCad 2016, REVIT an asset;
- Strong knowledge and experience with Ontario Building Code, Part 3, SB-10, Part 11 design and construction; Onsite construction experience considered an asset.
- Strong experience in and sound working knowledge of the management of large complex projects, client teams, consultants, and internal project teams;
- 10 years or more of relevant work experience, minimum of five years’ Canadian experience in the architectural design, production and quality assurance of projects;
- Able to work independently, developing and designing, coordinating drawings;
- Able to mentor and provide education to less experience associates;
- Able to work on multiple projects and coordinate with various consulting professionals;
- Fluent in Microsoft Office;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Customer service focus;
- Strong work ethic, ability to work efficiently and with accuracy;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
Posted 30+ days ago