- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
- Job Type
Greystone Design Group Inc. has immediate openings for Intermediate Architectural Technologists , based out of our Kitchener, Ontario office.
If you have solid knowledge of architectural detailing, retail store planning and are strongly adept in AutoCAD, we would love to hear from you!
This is a great opportunity to join a growing dynamic company, which offers a competitive salary. Please visit our website, www.greystoneinc.ca for more information.
This position performs many essential functions:
- Preparing and assembling working drawings for all stages of project including: As built drawings (post construction), Architectural Permit, Tender and Construction drawing packages for commercial projects
- Preparing presentation drawings
- Developing details in accordance with design intent
- Solving complex technical issues
- Quality Control of drawing packages and drawing standards
- Checks and Balances
- Coordination of Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and Structural drawings
- Shop Drawing Review
- Developing work instructions
- Educating associates on specific construction details and information
- Architectural graduate from a recognized Architectural Technologist Program
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a technologist in an Architectural firm with a focus on Autocad and Revit based projects
- BCIN signing capabilities
- Familiarity with Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical and Structural drawings
- Experience in commercial, institutional and/or residential design
- Experience with construction (both on and off site) and site inspections
- Drawing Interpretation experience
- Proficiency of AutoCAD 2015, Revit 2015, Microsoft Office, MS Office
- Very high attention to detailing
- Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code 2012
- Understanding and producing specifications
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of building sciences, current systems, materials and construction detailing
- Understanding of the Tendering Process and CCDC Documentation
- Candidates must be able to lead projects with minimal supervision, and coordinate consultants
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on effective collaboration and integration.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Greystone Design Group will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Posted 30+ days ago