Administrative Assistant - Construction
- Kitchener-Waterloo, ON
- Job Type
The Administrative Assistant will assist with overall project performance, including the management of costs, schedules, and overall project status, while maintaining excellent relationships with trades, subcontractors and clients.
They will keep the Studio Managers informed of questions, progress, discrepancies in project process, and any other issues which would impact the plan and schedule. If you are a proactive self-starter who is confident, even-tempered and performs well under pressure whatever the day may throw at you this may be the job for you.
Some of the responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Assist in preparing fee proposals, quotes and request for proposals;
- Source and assist in the development of request for quotations (Biddingo, Merx etc);
- Assist in preparation of contracts, and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors;
- Assist in planning and preparing construction schedules and milestones, and monitor progress against established timelines;
- Assist in budget analysis, cost and margin projections, estimate project changes and impacts;
- Assist in developing and implementing quality control programs;
- Build and maintain customer and supplier/vendor relationships;
- Prepare progress reports and issue progress schedules to clients;
- Trade and subcontractor coordination;
- Document control.
Our ideal candidate is someone who can meet deadlines, and ensure that their work is executed with the highest level of accuracy and attention to detail.
They will have good knowledge of the construction industry, and the ability to read drawings and project/structural design interpretation.
Previous experience in quoting and fee proposals, along with solid planning and scheduling skills with an understanding of project forecasting and projections is a requirement.
They will have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, and have excellent communication skills to work seamlessly with trades, suppliers, and co-workers.
This is a part-time permanent position working three days per week, 8:00am – 5:00pm. We offer an attractive starting salary which will be commensurate with your experience.
While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
Greystone Design Group committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Greystone will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Posted 24 days ago