- Portland, OR
- Job Type
Henry V -- the Northwest's leading communications agency specializing in live events - seeks to add an AV Technician to its winning team. Henry V offers competitive wages, full benefits, and an exciting team atmosphere.
The growth of our company will be dependent on our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality of service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication, and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
AV Technician Duties include:
- Event and Technical Operations: Oversee and execute various technical systems for events all over the United States and sometimes internationally. Execute and maintain artistic and operational integrity of specified technical systems including video, audio, lighting, etc.
- Event Collaboration: Under the supervision of the event lead, collaborate with Clients, A/V Crew, Operations and Production teams to achieve project goals and objectives including the show operations, rehearsal, install, and strike plans.
- Event Quality Assurance: Work with show operations project timelines and schedules to ensure departmental goals and objectives are obtained.
- Event Safety: Collaborates with department executive leadership in the execution and supervision of Show Operations processes to achieve company and department safety targets.
- Event venue operations: Work in cooperation with event venues to ensure their needs are met, that our presence there aligns with their core values. Keen understanding and adherence to OSHA, safety regulations and industry standards.
- Audio Visual: Strong understanding of the operation of multiple audio visual technologies. Must be able to setup, trouble shoot, and operate the following equipment; HD video switchers, cameras and projectors, automated and conventional lighting equipment, digital and analog audio consoles, wireless systems including microphones and communications, power distribution and projection equipment inclusive of projectors and video wall technologies.
- Pre and post event: Work with the team to pull, prep and stage equipment and systems for upcoming events. Work with production schedule and pull sheet in preparing for technical systems used onsite. This includes pulling items off the shelf, checking them off of the pull sheet, and reporting when insufficient quantities are not available. You will be responsible for loading and unloading trucks in Portland as well as onsite locations. After the event, when items return, place them back in the appropriate location, fill out reports, and communicate to team any discrepancies.
- Equipment and warehouse: Keep equipment and facilities in good working order and ready for the next use. Cleaning equipment or the workplace are constant projects needing attention.
- Communication: Constant communication with supervisors, peers, subordinates, vendors and occasionally clients.
- Travel: Must be willing and able to travel extensively, some times for periods lasting multiple weeks.
Minimum Job/Skill Requirements:
- Intermediate competency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Basic math skills -- arithmetic, ratios, units-of-measure conversion, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to work in a warehouse environment
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to formulate articulate questions
- Ability to operate a forklift, pallet jack and a hand truck
- Ability to work well under very tight deadlines
- Ability to stay focused amid competing priorities
- Ability to drive large box trucks and vans
- Attention to detail
Preferred Job/Skill Abilities:
These skills are not essential for hiring qualification, but priority will be given to better qualified candidates:
- 3-5 Years AV Technician Experience
- Experience in marketing or advertising
- Experience in working in a tradeshow environment, either in a build environment or onsite
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Demonstrated creativity -- "MacGyver" ingenuity
- Ability to instill confidence in clients that the job "is handled"
- Keen interest and commitment to business communications and live corporate events
- "The buck stops here" attitude
- Ability to lead — confidence, preparedness, guts, diligence, energy, and charisma
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
- Excellent investigative and research skills
- Fiscal responsibility and accountable financial practices
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate quickly and independently
- Proficiency in standard business software & technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly developed organizational and delegation skills
- Good instincts; ability to make good decisions and follow through
- Deep commitment to customer service and quality
- Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to team work and collaborative solutions
- Diplomacy and tact — inside and outside the company
- Communication of duties and responsibilities to other project team members
- Ongoing team communications
- Adherence to internal procedures and accounting deadlines
- Professional and frugal management of company resources
- Sharing team duties, responsibilities and chores
- Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
- Valid Driver’s License is necessary
- Willingness to work extraordinary hours and jump tall buildings in a single bound when required
- Valid Passport for international travel is required
- Sense of humor
Your performance will be evaluated in the following key categories:
- Customer Satisfaction -- the extent to which your clients and customers are satisfied with the service they receive from Henry V
- Internal Team Satisfaction -- the extent to which your work contributes to overall teamwork, collaboration and harmony within the broader Henry V environment
The bottom line:
All positions require a significant level of industry experience, focused professionalism, a strong work ethic and deep commitment to customer service.
If you are not turned on by irrational clients, impossible deadlines, grumpy (sometimes) co-workers, and grueling hours, then you probably shouldn't apply. We work hard and play hard (but you have to do the hard work first. . .)
Position requires: sitting or standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 70 pounds, extensive use of computer; driving an automobile; visual inspection, differentiation, and proofreading client collateral; regular national or international travel but with out-of-town stays rarely exceeding seven days; non-disclosure agreement required.
Hourly wage, full-time, non-exempt, Health, 401k, Paid vacation, sick and holidays, and other benefits after introductory period.
How to apply:
Please respond with a reverse chronological work-history resume and cover letter.
No telephone or postal inquires please.
Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 30+ days ago