Event Account Manager
- Portland, OR
- Job Type
Henry V – the Northwest’s leading live event agency - seeks to add an Account Manager to its Food and Beverage Team. Henry V offers competitive wages, full benefits, and an exciting team atmosphere.
The growth of our company will be dependent on our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication, and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
Summary of Position:
As a Henry V Account Manager you will drive profitable annual revenue growth within your designated accounts. You will serve as both a strategic and tactical partner to our clients. You will assist/report to the Account Director and will be responsible for preparing deliverables for the client. The following are list of duties and functions, but are not limited to:
Essential Job Functions
- Identify viable new business prospects within your assigned industry vertical
- Contact prospects and develop relationships resulting in a capabilities presentation appointment or a request for proposal (RFP) on a specific project for the prospect
- Customize Henry V’s existing presentation materials as required
- Work under the direction of your sales team director to develop a sales presentation strategy
- Contribute to the sales presentation as required by your director
- Contribute to closing the sale as required by your supervisor in cooperation with the Henry V Sales Pitch team
- Manage the account staff under you and ensure they are on track and completing their tasks successfully.
- Build a good rapport and understanding with all departments and understand how to improve upon the flow of work and how it can better serve our clients and ourselves
- Account Manage the events that are under your responsibility and ensure clients’ needs are being met within balance of what we can provide.
- Oversee your client presentations and meetings
- Manage client requests and HV requests as needed
- Lead creative pitches and event management which includes brainstorms, ideation and assembly of creative pitches for each event or for potential new clients and new events
- Contribute to weekly internal sales meetings by providing teams with updates and needs for all current projects
- Ensure timely client reporting, including but not limited to event recaps, project budget summaries, ROI reporting and billing
Sales Team Essential Functions:
- Nurturing long-term & mutually beneficial relationships with key client contacts
- Recognizing sales opportunities and alerting Henry V’s Managing Director of Sales when sales opportunities present themselves.
- Understanding the client’s needs in depth and coordinating the efforts of the Henry V sales and production teams to satisfy those needs.
- Manage the billing and collection process (including change orders, project scope changes, etc.)
- Collaboration with the client to develop success metrics.
- Coordinating efforts to measure and report project outcomes.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- 4-5 years in marketing, experiential marketing, sales, events, brand promotions
General Requirements for all Henry V positions:
- Keen interest and commitment to business communications and live corporate events
- "The buck stops here" attitude
- Ability to lead – confidence, preparedness, guts, diligence, energy, and charisma
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
- Excellent investigative and research skills
- Fiscal responsibility and accountable financial practices
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate quickly and independently
- Proficiency in standard business software & technology (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly developed organizational and delegation skills
- Good instincts; ability to make good decisions and follow through
- Deep commitment to customer service and quality
- Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to team work and collaborative solutions
- Diplomacy and tact – inside and outside the company
- Project management and team leadership
- Communication of duties and responsibilities to other project team members
- Ongoing team communications & leadership of team meetings
- Close liaison and cooperation with Henry V Producers
- Adherence to internal Henry V procedures and accounting deadlines
- Professional and frugal management of company resources
- Sharing team duties, responsibilities and chores
- Occasional business travel and on-site event duties
- Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
- Willingness to work extraordinary hours and jump tall buildings in a single bound when
- Sense of humor
The bottom line:
Salary range for this position DOE. You will receive two weeks paid vacation, eight paid holiday days; paid sick time; 100% employer-paid health, dental, vision, disability and term-life policy premiums for employee; insurance benefits available for dependents which is paid by employee through pre-tax 125 cafeteria plan; FSA or HSA plans available for employee-paid co-pays/deductibles or dependent care expenses; 401k plan with employer match program; gated employee parking; company-paid cell phone with (limited) data plan; occasional company-paid outings.
If you are not turned on by irrational clients, impossible deadlines, grumpy co-workers, and grueling hours, then you probably shouldn’t apply. We work hard and play hard (but you have to do the hard work first…).
Position requires sitting or standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 30 pounds, extensive use of computer, driving an automobile and personal automobile available for business use (mileage is reimbursed), occasional national or international travel with out-of-town stays as long as seven days (sometimes longer), non-compete agreement and non-disclosure agreement.
How To Apply:
Respond by email only with a cover letter specifying minimum salary requirement and resume. No telephone or postal inquires please.
Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 21 days ago