- Portland, OR
- Job Type
Henry V – the Northwest’s leading live event agency seeks to add an IT Technician to its winning team. Henry V offers competitive wages, full benefits, and an exciting team atmosphere.
The growth of our company will be dependent on our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication, and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
Internal IT Functions:
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Henry V IT Department.
- Assist with maintaining & enforcing internal IT policies, procedures and standards.
- Serve as the first point of contact for employees seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, or in person.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in our Spiceworks ticketing system.
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions*
- Building & configuring new workstation images via FOG.
- Train staff in the proper care and general maintenance of computer & technology equipment.
- Assist with maintenance and connectivity on workstations, servers, printers, switches, routers and wireless access points.
- Setup new work areas for new employees.
- Workstation hardware/software installs and updates/patches.
- Perform troubleshooting to help resolve problems with hardware and software.
- Perform minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements
- Help install local area network cabling systems and equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting problems with the network.
- Utilize Cisco Meraki networking equipment to provide smooth service to our staff *
- Assist with maintenance and support of PBX phone system and voicemail server, including updates to company greetings, menu trees and extension relocation.
- Assist in supporting company cell phones including both Apple and Android devices.
- Provide on-call, after-hours remote support as needed for employees during critical projects, as well as occasional fill-in for IT Manager during absences.
- Maintain accurate inventory records of IT assets.
- Updating ticketing system to reflect work in progress or completed tasks, along with explanations of troubleshooting techniques & resolution.
- Experienced in supporting senior level executives.
- Assist the IT Manager with the implementation and training of colleagues in use of new technologies.
- Document everything.
External IT Functions:
- Occasionally work with vendors & clients to assist the IT Manager during heavy workload periods.
- Potential to travel for work on-site at events as a support technician for technology needs and computer equipment.
Qualifications for Position: Strong communication skills, very strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills, enthusiasm, attention to detail, professional attitude and appearance, able to communicate with all levels of employees, team player, collaboration skills, excellent written and verbal communication and organization skills, demonstrate an ability to successfully relate technical concepts to a non-technical audience, support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed.
Required Education and Skills:
- High School diploma, plus 2 years of computer technology education or equivalent job experience in an IT department.
- Very strong computer & network troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to resolve basic to advanced hardware, software and connectivity problems.
- Experience with multiple platforms including Windows XP/7/8/10 & Mac OS X/macOS.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Windows 2010/2013/2016, Mac 2011/2016, & Office 365).
- Knowledge of computer system imaging process and experience with Ghost or FOG.
- Experienced in supporting smartphones & tablets (Android, iPhone and iPad).
- Knowledge of network printer installation, setup and troubleshooting.
- Valid drivers license for inclusion on our insurance
Desired Technical Skills:
- Experience with Windows servers (2008/2012) and Active Directory.
- Experience with Group Policy.
- Experience with Hyper-V virtualization.
- Experience supporting cloud applications (Dropbox, Google apps, Salesforce, etc.).
- Experience in server backups & familiarity with testing/executing disaster recovery plans.
- Experience with administrating Office 365 products including MS Teams, Skype for Business, MS Flow and Exchange online.
- Experience with Exchange (2007/2010/2013) in Windows server environments.
Other Requirements and Information:
- Occasional travel rarely exceeding 2 nights away
- Weekend and night work often required (flexed schedule)
- Ability to occasionally lift computer components to chest high heights
- Ability to carry/lift/load/unload luggage during travel
- Able to manipulate small parts and hand tools for installing components into devices such as, but not limited to: replacing power supplies, fans, disk drives and memory chip modules; replacing cable ends and/or related cabling fittings and connections, etc.
- Valid driver license with driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to operate a computer for long periods of time
- Able to execute math at a level commensurate with the position
- Able to follow instructions and technical instructions
- Able to collect facts, distill requirements, and make cogent strategic and tactical plans
- Able to conceptualize technical solutions and translate to non-technical cogent written and verbal presentations
- Able to keep confidential information strictly confidential
This is an employment-at-will position
How To Apply:
- Respond to this ad with a resume in reverse chronological work history.
- No telephone or postal inquires please.
- Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Posted 24 days ago