- Portland, OR
- Job Type
Henry V -- the Northwest's leading communications agency specializing in live events - seeks to add a Production Assistant to its winning team. Henry V offers competitive wages, full benefits, and an exciting team atmosphere.
The growth of our company will be dependent on our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication, and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
Primary Position Requirements:
You will assist the production team with all of the tasks required to pull off a live event. Sometimes exciting, sometimes monotonous, but always something different. This entry-level position is a great way to learn about live events and Henry V is a great place to do it.
The required tasks will include all elements of live events including planning, budgeting, coordination, project management, production, and on-site management along with, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to project managers, producers and the rest of the company as needed
- Assisting with project communication and delegation of project duties & responsibilities to other team members
- Close cooperation with all departments
- Logistical research, data comparison and vendor selection
- Contract negotiation, bargaining and preparation
- Preparation, implementation & reconciliation of project estimates and budgets
- Brand Ambassador work
- Preparation of work orders and purchase orders
- Timely maintenance of Master Job File
- Event labor research.
- Research of all kinds
- Venue research in multiple markets.
- Assist in preparing event recap post event.
- Maintain event database, tracking all events currently running and upcoming events.
- Be prepared to work and/or receive calls on nights and weekends when events are running.
Frequent travel and onsite event duties required.
Preferred Job/Skill Abilities:
These skills are not essential for hiring qualification, but priority will be given to better qualified candidates:
- Experience in marketing or advertising
- Experience in the travel/hospitality industry
- Experience with party planning
- Experience with purchasing, barter, and negotiations
- Demonstrated creativity – “MacGyver” ingenuity
- Microsoft Powerpoint or Apple Keynote
- Ability to instill confidence in clients that the job “is handled”
General Henry V Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and maintaining a driving record acceptable to Henry V’s insurance carrier for inclusion on our auto liability policy.
- Keen interest and commitment to business communications and live corporate events
- "The buck stops here" attitude
- Ability to lead – confidence, preparedness, guts, diligence, energy, and charisma
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
- Excellent investigative and research skills
- Fiscal responsibility and accountable financial practices
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate quickly and independently
- Proficiency in standard business software & technology (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly developed organizational and delegation skills
- Good instincts; ability to make good decisions and follow through
- Deep commitment to customer service and quality
- Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to team work and collaborative solutions
- Diplomacy and tact – inside and outside the company
- Project management and team leadership
- Design and preparation of work plans, timelines, production schedules
- Communication of duties and responsibilities to other project team members
- Ongoing team communications & leadership of team meetings
- Close liaison and cooperation with Henry V Producers
- Adherence to internal Henry V procedures and accounting deadlines
- Professional and frugal management of company resources
- Sharing team duties, responsibilities and chores
- Business travel and on-site event duties
- Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
- Willingness to work extraordinary hours and jump tall buildings in a single bound when required
- Sense of humor
The bottom line:
All positions require a significant level of industry experience, focused professionalism, a strong work ethic and deep commitment to customer service.
If you are not turned on by irrational clients, impossible deadlines, grumpy (sometimes) co-workers, and grueling hours, then you probably shouldn't apply. We work hard and play hard (but you have to do the hard work first. . .).
Position requires: sitting or standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 70 pounds, extensive use of computer; driving an automobile; visual inspection, differentiation, and proofreading client collateral; regular national or international travel but with out-of-town stays rarely exceeding seven days; non-disclosure agreement required.
Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Please respond with a reverse chronological work-history resume, cover letter specifying minimum salary requirement, and where you saw our job posting.
Posted 14 days ago