Quality Assurance Warehouse Supervisor
- Portland, OR
- Job Type
Henry V -- the Northwest's leading communications agency specializing in live events - seeks to add a Quality Assurance Warehouse Supervisor to its Ship and Store division. Henry V offers competitive wages, full benefits, and an exciting team atmosphere.
The growth of our company will be dependent on our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality of service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication, and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
Ship and Store Quality Assurance Warehouse Supervisor Duties include:
- Trade show and Experiential Marketing Experience: Must have previous onsite trade show and/or Experiential Marketing experience with hands on work. This can include setup/strike, brand ambassador, customer relations, working with vendors and laborers onsite.
- Live Event Experience: Must have some previous experience working in the fast paced world of live events. This can include pre-event planning, onsite setup and dismantle or serving a support role in a live event environment.
- Event Quality Assurance: Work with show operations, project timelines, and schedules to ensure departmental goals and objectives are obtained. This position is the last check point to ensure all of the elements are in place for a successful event. You must be able to anticipate client needs before they ask and be ready to jump at a moment’s notice to solve any issues that may arise.
- Basic Construction: Possess an understanding of basic construction and assembly methodologies to assist or lead in the construction and assembly of client owned properties. This can include custom built tradeshow booths, off the shelf display items, and POP inventories.
- Audio Visual: Possess a basic understanding of AV technologies and how they connect and work together. This includes but is not limited to; display lighting, TV’s, Computers and sound systems.
- Pre and post event: Work with the team to pull, prep and stage equipment and systems for upcoming events. Work with production schedule and pull sheet in preparing for client materials used onsite. This includes pulling items off the shelf, checking them off of the pull sheet, and reporting when insufficient quantities are not available. After the event when items return, place them back in the appropriate location, fill out reports, and communicate to team any discrepancies.
- Event Safety: Collaborates with department executive leadership in the execution and supervision of processes to achieve company and department safety targets.
- Equipment and warehouse: Keep equipment and facilities in good working order and ready for the next use. Cleaning and repairing equipment are constant projects needing attention.
- Other Duties as Assigned: Other duties could include working in other areas of the company to provide support during absences or shortage of staff in other departments.
- Communication : Constant communication with supervisors, peers, subordinates, vendors and occasionally clients.
- Personal Development Training: Reading materials will be provided from time-to-time to accelerate your professional development. We will also support extra-curricular education in areas of interest pertinent to our industry.
The scope and volume of assignments in your position will provide the opportunity to grow in your capacity to plan work, your understanding of our business in order to manage priorities, and your ability to stay organized for professional efficiency. This list of duties may seem daunting but you will be supported by current employees in your department, your supervisor and management as necessary. You are not alone; we are all in this together.
Minimum Job/Skill Requirements:
- Intermediate competency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- 3-5 Years Warehouse Supervisor Experience
- Basic math skills -- arithmetic, ratios, units-of-measure conversion, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Willingness to work in a warehouse environment
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to formulate articulate questions
- Ability to operate a forklift, pallet jack and a hand truck
- Ability to work well under very tight deadlines
- Ability to stay focused amid competing priorities
- Ability to drive large box trucks and vans
- Attention to detail
Preferred Job/Skill Abilities:
These skills are not essential for hiring qualification, but priority will be given to better qualified candidates:
- Experience in marketing or advertising
- 2+ Years experience in working in a tradeshow environment, either in a build environment or onsite
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Demonstrated creativity -- "MacGyver" ingenuity
- Ability to instill confidence in clients that the job "is handled"
- Keen interest and commitment to business communications and live corporate events
- "The buck stops here" attitude
- Ability to lead – confidence, preparedness, guts, diligence, energy, and charisma
- Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
- Excellent investigative and research skills
- Fiscal responsibility and accountable financial practices
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Ability to operate quickly and independently
- Proficiency in standard business software & technology (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Highly developed organizational and delegation skills
- Good instincts; ability to make good decisions and follow through
- Deep commitment to customer service and quality
- Honesty, integrity and a strong work ethic
- Commitment to team work and collaborative solutions
- Diplomacy and tact – inside and outside the company
- Communication of duties and responsibilities to other project team members
- Ongoing team communications
- Adherence to internal procedures and accounting deadlines
- Professional and frugal management of company resources
- Sharing team duties, responsibilities and chores
- Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
- Valid Driver’s License for inclusion on our insurance
- Willingness to work extraordinary hours and jump tall buildings in a single bound when required
- Valid Passport for international travel is required
- Sense of humor
Work Schedule: Our standard hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm, with a one hour unpaid lunch. However, we serve our clients’ needs and therefore start and end times may shift earlier or later to accommodate our clients’ needs. Working extended hours and extended work-weeks for periods of time followed by shortened work-weeks for periods of time is not unusual in our industry and our business. This position is not approved for work-from-home work.
Your performance will be evaluated in the following key categories:
- Customer Satisfaction -- the extent to which your clients and customers are satisfied with the service they receive from Henry V
- Internal Team Satisfaction -- the extent to which your work contributes to overall teamwork, collaboration and harmony within the broader Henry V environment
The bottom line:
All positions require a significant level of industry experience, focused professionalism, a strong work ethic and deep commitment to customer service.
If you are not turned on by irrational clients, impossible deadlines, grumpy (sometimes) co-workers, and grueling hours, then you probably shouldn't apply. We work hard and play hard (but you have to do the hard work first. . .)
Position requires: sitting or standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 70 pounds, extensive use of computer; driving an automobile/large box trucks; visual inspection, differentiation, and proofreading client collateral; able to use small power hand tools such as saw, drill, soldering iron; able to use small non-power hand tools such as screw driver, wrenches, hammer; able to work in hot outdoor environments for extended period of time; able to visually ID client branding elements and gauge correct placement in venues per plans, and to gauge accurate installation alignments and safe installation; ability to read blue prints; regular national or international travel but with out-of-town stays rarely exceeding seven days; able to execute audio queuing and gauge accruacy of sound track content and quality of sound levels;
Hourly wage, full-time, non-exempt, Health, 401k, Paid vacation, sick and holidays, and other benefits after introductory period.
How to apply:
Please respond with a reverse chronological work-history resume and cover letter.
No telephone or postal inquires please.
Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted 15 days ago