- Portland, OR
- Job Type
Henry V -- the Northwest's leading communications agency specializing in live events - seeks to add an Inventory Assistant to its winning team. Henry V offers competitive wages, full benefits, and an exciting team atmosphere.
The growth of our company will be dependent our ability to make things happen for our clients at the highest quality of service and competitive price. At the same time, it is critical that we manage client relationships to be mutually beneficial, respectful and continually demonstrative of the value we bring them.
Candidates must have exceptional customer service, leadership, communication, and organization skills. Stop now if you cannot claim all four.
Primary Position Requirements:
Assist the Ship and Store management team with all of the tasks required to fulfill a client event. Sometimes exciting, often monotonous, but always something different. This entry-level position is a great way to learn about live events, tradeshows and point of purchase retail.
Minimum Job/Skill Requirements:
- -Intermediate competency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- -Basic math skills -- arithmetic, ratios, units-of-measure conversion, etc.
- -Excellent organizational skills
- -Willingness to work in a warehouse environment
- -Ability to follow directions
- -Ability to formulate articulate questions
- -Ability to operate a forklift, pallet jack and a hand truck
- -Ability to work well under very tight deadlines
- -Ability to stay focused amid competing priorities
- -Attention to detail
- -Ability to lift up to 70lbs
Preferred Job/Skill Abilities:
- These skills are not essential for hiring qualification, but priority will be given to better qualified candidates:
- -Experience in marketing or advertising
- -Experience in working in a tradeshow environment, either in a build environment or onsite
- -Experience working in a warehouse environment
- -Demonstrated creativity -- "MacGyver" ingenuity
- -Ability to instill confidence in clients that the job "is handled"
General Henry V Requirements:
- -Keen interest and commitment to business communications, PR, and live corporate events
- -"The buck stops here" attitude
- -Driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier for inclusion on our insurance
- -Confidence, preparedness, guts, diligence, energy, and charisma
- -Creative, resourceful, and flexible approach to solving problems
- -Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- -Communication of duties and responsibilities to other project team members
- -Close liaison and cooperation with Henry V Project managers
- -Adherence to internal Henry V procedures and accounting deadlines
- -Professional and frugal management of company resources
- -Sharing team duties, responsibilities and chores
- -Occasional business travel and on-site event duties
- -Ability to accomplish any task with minimal instruction or supervision
- -Willingness to work extraordinary hours and jump tall buildings in a single bound when required
- -Clean driving record
- -Sense of humor
Your performance will be evaluated in the following key categories:
- -Customer Satisfaction -- the extent to which your clients and customers are satisfied with the service they receive from Henry V
- -Internal Team Satisfaction -- the extent to which your work contributes to overall teamwork, collaboration and harmony within the broader Henry V environment
The bottom line:
All positions require a significant level of industry experience, focused professionalism, a strong work ethic and deep commitment to customer service.
If you are not turned on by irrational clients, impossible deadlines, grumpy (sometimes) co-workers, and grueling hours, then you probably shouldn't apply. We work hard and play hard (but you have to do the hard work first. . .)
Position requires: sitting or standing for long periods of time, lifting up to 70 pounds, extensive use of computer; driving an automobile; visual inspection, differentiation, and proofreading client collateral; regular national or international travel but with out-of-town stays rarely exceeding seven days; non-disclosure agreement required.
Hourly wage, full-time, non exempt, Health, 401k, Paid vacation, sick and holidays, and other benefits after introductory period. Henry V is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Please respond with a reverse chronological work-history resume and cover letter.
No telephone or postal inquires please.
Posted 30+ days ago