Maintenance and Facilities Manager
- Tillamook, OR
- Job Type
- Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
Facilities Manager - Temporary Position: 6/15/2018 - 9/17/2018
This 3 month position is located in Tillamook, Oregon. Applicant's are responsible for housing.
An Oregon-based agency is in search of an experienced Facilities Manager on behalf of a leading Oregon consumer brand. The Facilities Manager will be tasked with managing an approximately 13,440 square foot facility and up to 30 stall vendors at any one time from June 15th – September 17th.
This flea market style facility will hold vendors of all kinds, from small mom and pop vendors to large corporate vendors, that complement the brand of our client.
The Facilities Manager is much more than just managing the space, but will be helping manage the relationships between our client, the vendors, and Henry V. so, customer service is key in this position. This role will also include being the onsite contact for scheduled contractors contact during a short remodeling period.
Facilities Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receiving vendors into the space and ensuring they are setup in their assigned space
- Manage vendor schedule to ensure that Henry V and the client are aware of when vendors will be moving in and out of their assigned space
- Ensure that vendors have access to electricity and have received a tour of the building
- Vendor booth worker management. Track and ensure that only approved vendor workers are present behind the booths.
Remodeling Phase Management:
- Being the go between for onsite labor and vendors making pre-scheduled building updates
- Working with the team in Portland to address and questions about the building updates
Shipping and Receiving:
- Vendor check -in and check-out policy
- Helping move vendors into the space
- Ensure that vendors spaces are setup safely and setup according to safety requirements set by Henry V and the client and acceptable by OSHA
- Ensure that all vendors are aware of entrances, fire exits, bathrooms, general building policies
- Create weekly staff schedule with coordination of Henry V
- Oversee a team that may include an Assistant Manager and part-time staff
- Staff management, including: working with HR on any issues that could arise, staff discipline and behavior correction
- Ensure staff timecards and expense reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner
- Coordinate and prep staff for media events, interviews and consumer events
- Work directly with the property management when maintenance issues arise
- Maintain cleanliness and working order of facilities and its assets
- Maintain open and direct communication with Henry V
- Able to navigate complex situations and contact the correct stakeholders depending on the situation
- Ensure the brand is represented in the best light and with consistent nature throughout your tenure
- Maintain, create and report weekly recaps of metrics and goals set by our team.
Must have driving record acceptable to our insurance
Normal working schedule is Thursday – Monday, 8am – 5pm, but schedule must be flexible to fit the need of the client and vendors.
The qualified candidate will exhibit the following characteristics:
- Positive attitude, high energy, outgoing and fun personality
- Friendly and willing to interact with people
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to work as a team player
- Extraordinary time management skills and organization
- Valid driver license
- Driving record acceptable to our insurance carrier for inclusion on our insurance
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Able to lift file boxes up to 70 pounds from floor to overhead bin in airplane
- Ability to perform duties in wide variations in temperature
- Able to visually ID document titles/categories for accurate filing
- Able to perform repetitious movements
- Able to climb a ladder and stairs, walk, lift and stoop
- Able to use hand tools
- Have manual dexterity to configure AV gear
- Math skills commensurate with position demands
- Able to operate a computer
- Able to use a computer for long periods of time
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Able to accurately execute basic arithmetic including percentages
- Able to work in hot outdoor environments for extended periods of time
- Able to read blueprints
The bottom line:
All positions require a significant level of industry experience, focused professionalism, a strong work ethic and deep commitment to customer service.
If you are not turned on by irrational clients, impossible deadlines, grumpy (sometimes) co-workers, and grueling hours, then you probably shouldn't apply. We work hard and play hard (but you have to do the hard work first. . .)
Posted 30 days ago